Cork U20 Hurling 2019

donal66

Re: Cork U20 Hurling 2019

Postby donal66 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:46 pm

WE LIVE IN HOPE - NO PRESSURE K.O'D -
cahirofcork

Postby cahirofcork » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:08 pm

“The appointments of John Meyler, Denis Ring and John Considine, should ensure that Cork hurling continues to build on the success of 2017 in a consistent and coherent fashion, and I have no doubt that further honours will be achieved in the very near future,” concluded Gerard Lane.

There we go lads, need anything else be said....
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:32 pm

cahirofcork wrote:“The appointments of John Meyler, Denis Ring and John Considine, should ensure that Cork hurling continues to build on the success of 2017 in a consistent and coherent fashion, and I have no doubt that further honours will be achieved in the very near future,” concluded Gerard Lane.

There we go lads, need anything else be said....

Same three minor selectors before 9/11 way back.
There you go.
We deserve what we get
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:42 am

[quote="tipp-ex"]I just don't trust Ring and can see a disaster down the line somewhere, I hate to say it. Also, I could be wrong here but did I see Frank inside the wire?

Bump. July 4th. Independence day
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:07 am

We missed the first ten minutes of the game for the second year in a row, trying to navigate through that hell of city on a late Saturday evening.

I feared something like last year, but the score which greeted us on finding seats was simply incredulous. The match was effectively already over.

Cork did mount a strong comeback attempt midways through the second half, where they managed to dominate Tipperary both in the back line and the forward line, cumulating in a bullet of a goal from Tommy O’Connell, which was well set up and marvellously executed.

They did have two more great chances of goals after that, one of which was an incredible chance by O’Regan, when he received the ball in a position of enough space to advance into the small square before striking, without any danger of being hooked. Unfortunately there was no real power behind the shot and the goalkeeper saved it. Minutes later another chance was driven narrowly wide along the ground.

Shortly afterwards Tommy O’Connell was sent off on a second yellow card and Cork collapsed completely.

For that ten-minute spell they showed what they could do with focus and determination. The question is why was it lacking for three-quarters of the match?
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:24 am

tipp-ex wrote:I fancy Tipperary to win this. Hopefully not

As soon as I read that clown finbarrog yesterday on PROC saying Cork would win handy cause they do this and do that in the forwards and attack the tipp full back line (as ususl) it sealed it for me. Lol
We have some inflated opinion of ourselves.
Cork hurling got handed it's arse on a plate tonight...must do better...

He makes me cringe sometimes, Tipp-Ex, particularly as he's a Midleton man, by his own admission. There's something so artificial about his tone, and his mantra, "No complaints here" after the failure of the particular team he's supporting. I always have plenty of complaints, although I generally don't air all of them!
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Desperately disappointing outcome and still trying to come to terms to actually what happened last evening.
How could in the space of 4 weeks (where we were unlucky not to win the Munster Final), turn around
and literally be hammered off the park by the same team!!!
This management to be fair have one fantastic talent, turning potentiality good hurlers into mush. And this time
it took them only 4 weeks!!!!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Looking back on the 5 games played this year, they never actually played well. Probably the best was the middle one that we managed to lose by last minute goal.

A culture change is needed in Cork hurling. That means years of work
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:55 pm

According to the report on the match in the 42, this is how the team lined out.

If Ring wanted to confuse the team and shatter its focus, he couldn't have done a better job.

1. Ger Collins (Ballinhassig)
3. James Keating (Kildorrery)(captain)
4. Eoin Roche (Bride Rovers)
6. Sean O’Leary Hayes (Midleton)
5. Ger Millerick (Fr O’Neills)
2. Conor O’Callaghan (Dromtarrife)
7. Robert Downey (Glen Rovers)
8. Ryan Walsh (Kanturk)
12. Daire Connery (Na Piarsaigh)
22. Simon Kennefick (Glen Rovers)
9. Tommy O’Connell (Midleton)
11. Brian Roche (Bride Rovers)
13. Brian Turnbull (Douglas)
14. Shane O’Regan (Watergrasshill)
10. Sean Twomey (Courcey Rovers)
Subs
23. Evan Sheehan (Na Piarsaigh) for Kennefick (half-time)
18. Jamie Copps (Ballyhea) for Keating (40)
21. Barry Murphy (Castlelyons) for Connery (40)
15. Padraig Power (Blarney) for Walsh (53)

It's beyond disgusting that any manager could do this to his team. No wonder they looked all at sea for most of the first half.
corkbrian

Postby corkbrian » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:46 am

cahirofcork wrote:LRing won't even have the good grace to take the blame on himself, he'll blame everything else except himself.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 46182.html

You weren't wrong. Does the man realise we didn't win either this year's Munster final or last year's all Ireland's, both of which he references to prove his point?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”