Frank

Dorcha

Re: Frank

Postby Dorcha » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Expectations will now be huge. Onwards and upwards.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 am

Congrats to Kevin and best of luck to him.

However, this is only half the story. What now happens to Frank? He should now be made cut ALL ties with Cork GAA. No more committees, sub committees, review committees, advisory roles, sidlelines, Munster council delegate, central council delegate, Páirc Ui Chamoinh etc etc etc etc etc, he had a finger in EVERY pie. It'll be tough for him but that should now be it.

Thanks Frank for your service but Cork GAA is moving along in a different direction with a new Rúnaí in situ.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:13 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Congrats to Kevin and best of luck to him.

However, this is only half the story. What now happens to Frank? He should now be made cut ALL ties with Cork GAA. No more committees, sub committees, review committees, advisory roles, sidlelines, Munster council delegate, central council delegate, Páirc Ui Chamoinh etc etc etc etc etc, he had a finger in EVERY pie. It'll be tough for him but that should now be it.

Thanks Frank for your service but Cork GAA is moving along in a different direction with a new Rúnaí in situ.

You want to wipe that hard drive completely and lose 42 years of rule bending data?
Jasus, I'd hate to get on the wrong side of you Tipp.............. :lol:
donal66

Postby donal66 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:38 pm

yesterdays' man
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Congratulations to Kevin and I wish him the best of luck. The pressure will be on him. The vacancy he leaves at vice chair will be an important one to fill too. I wonder are there any front runners yet? Nominations have to be in for Monday night I think.
Any other position up for grabs?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Off the top of my head, PRO, Irish and cultural Officer..
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks Tipp.
Good weekend for Kevin, he scored 1-8 as player selector for Kilbree in winning the Carbery Junior C championship.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Such an exciting appointment. We can't expect miracles overnight obviously but it's great having somebody who echos the sentiments of the majority of supporters. His interview with Kieran Shannon last year is well worth re-reading in light of this news - https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa ... 56881.html
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Congratulations to Kevin on his appointment. He takes on a difficult role at a time when his success could be dictated by factors outside his control. The debt on the stadium will drive a lot of what can and can’t be done in the short term. I suspect that the €25 county final figure,for example, was dictated partly by the debt and partly by reference to the cost of the premium tickets. Those who expect to see lots of GDAs appointed might need to reset expectations if the primary focus has to be on clearing debt.

Anyone who takes on a position that someone else has occupied for over 40 years will find it challenging to implement change as long as those he is dealing with are all people indoctrinated in the old ways. The results of the elections at convention and the selection of delegates by clubs will have a big bearing on what happens next. Let’s hope that for everyone’s sake, the new appointment brings a greater level of interest in getting involved among many who were disgruntled and felt disenfranchised in the past.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:32 am

Twohands wrote:The debt on the stadium will drive a lot of what can and can’t be done in the short term.

That debt seemed fairly manageable I thought. Did they ever sell that site by Delany's? If I remember correctly that was going to go a long way towards clearing it.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”