Cork Footballers 2018

Lurker

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby Lurker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm

greatbleddyman wrote:Wife took me to paris that weekend for my 30th. I repaid this romantic gesture by traipsing around paris looking for a pub showing that match

I presume you failed in your efforts? I can't remember if it was televised but don't think it was. I was on a bus to Galway for a stag I remember so missed it too.

Great report by the way. The slacking off in the second half was disappointing. It was a good opportunity to drive on and improve the scoring difference. There is no excuse for this team getting so complacent, if that's what it was, given their disastrous fade-outs against Meath & Down last year and even Tipperary a couple of weeks ago. Limiting the damage when the opposition is on top seems to be a priority for McCarthy, but it's equally important to be more ruthless when we're in control. His comments suggest he realises this though and isn't going to accept that kind of rubbish without reminding them of the standards they need to set. He's saying all of the right things at least but it's going to be a process.

We're getting very lucky with results elsewhere, three or four draws already and Down winning in Roscommon yesterday to reel them back in.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Thanks for the report GBM. It sounds promising except for the lack of scoring in the second half. Did the first sending-off leave the rest of the team under extra pressure, perhaps?
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Maybe, but moreso I felt it was just a non event of a second half
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:55 pm

To be fair to Kevin O Driscoll he was very unlucky the first yellow was a bit of a scrap on the ground but O Driscoll kept his arms out wide did not engage with your man ref should have seen this it was no yellow for him....I think the big positive so far is game time given to the young players while yesterday wont stay in the memory for long Sean Wilson I think is a good one looks like a hardy boy I like that Cian Kiely was excellent attacking took the goal well and was my MOTM for what that was worth yesterday Dan O Callaghan came on and fielded another from the clouds as well improving ...Mickey Hurley played well and not for the first time Ruairi Deane showed some leadership when needed in the second half Ian Maguire and Mark Collins less so yesterday ...overall I like what McCarthy is doing so far ..it will take time.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 pm

Tg4 had highlights there if anyone can post them up
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:44 pm

They catch watch Kelliher did?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Ya they did but I didn't see it properly. I hear they appealing it
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 am

It is accepted that the GAA management at all levels are guilty of bizarre and weird 'whatchamacallits' but appointing a referee
from Monaghan to travel the length of the country in the depths of winter to ref an important league game between Cork and Louth
(his next door neighbours) is surely worthy of comment.
I only saw the few minutes on TG4 tonight but those cards were issued without good reason apart from being nice to the neighbours.
Not good enough, but that's GAA.

Up the westh we had our friend Anthony Nolan from Wickla mishandling a brawl from start to finish. Thomás,and Cavanagh out of
courtesy to Lyster I presume, almost ignored what was a disgraceful spectacle. Thomás found it 'hard to watch' Tyrone beating Kildare
and Marty Donnelly's superb clinching point. He did say that on TV. They will never forgive Tyrone for stuffing them three times when
it mattered.

Conditions yesterday make any kind of analysis futile but Cian Kiely looks like a star in the making. I saw him live v Clare in the NcGrath
Cup game and he was equally good. With Loughrey returning and a bit of defensive coaching we can at least hope for better results than
recent years.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 am

tipp-ex wrote:Tg4 had highlights there if anyone can post them up

Cork v Louth highlights here at 16:31 - https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/home/?pid= ... 18&dlft=35
exile67

Postby exile67 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm

We were fortunate their goalie was so poor for both goals.

What was us wearing our away strip?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”