Cork Footballers 2018

Twohands

Re: Cork Footballers 2018

Postby Twohands » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:11 am

Committee of Graham Canty, Conor Counihan and Brian Cuthbert. All great footballing men who will give it everything to get it right. It would have been interesting to see someone vocal and outspoken like Kavanagh on it too as well as someone from outside the county who could bring a different perspective. No doubt the committee will speak to people like those but there is no substitute for having diverse voices at the table when the plans are being finalised. Best of luck to them. The only way is up. Hopefully they’ll be willing to demand that we go up by the fastest available means rather than via a beanstalk planted and watered by the players as part of a team bonding exercise.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:30 am

Twohands wrote:Committee of Graham Canty, Conor Counihan and Brian Cuthbert. All great footballing men who will give it everything to get it right. It would have been interesting to see someone vocal and outspoken like Kavanagh on it too as well as someone from outside the county who could bring a different perspective. No doubt the committee will speak to people like those but there is no substitute for having diverse voices at the table when the plans are being finalised. Best of luck to them. The only way is up. Hopefully they’ll be willing to demand that we go up by the fastest available means rather than via a beanstalk planted and watered by the players as part of a team bonding exercise.

Good stuff. So them 3 plus Tracy as chair?
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:01 pm

The C.C.C.
What is their brief?
What can they possibly do to influence the mindset of Cork senior footballers?
Will they have an input into the selection of future managers?
Can they change immediately the rules for the ludicrous club championships within the county?
How much time have they to come up with solutions?
Who do they report to?
Will their findings be acted on?

Best of luck to them. Thankless job.
leesider

Postby leesider » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm

The Cork County Board"s solution to the crisis Cork football finds itself in: form a committee of former players. Is anyone surprised? Of course when this committee suggests making charges to the set-up that will make a difference they will be roundly ignored.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:15 pm

What would we do without Google?
I found what I was looking for, the brief of our new C C C.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 10:45 AM
By John Coleman

At last night’s meeting of the Cork County Board, chairperson Tracey Kennedy announced the formation of a sub-committee [u][u]to look at and improve the long-term future of Cork football.[/u][/u]

She informed the meeting that the board executive had listened to the views of many vested interests and had met to discuss all aspects of football in Cork, from strength and conditioning, the role of post-primary schools, coaching structures, and the structures of the county championships. It was agreed that a long-term plan was required as opposed to a quick fix.

So Canty, Cubby and Counihan are charged with looking at and improving the long term future of Cork football and must come up with a long term plan.
There doesn't seem to be any timescale involved so we are unlikely to see much if any improvement short term?
I would have liked to see the current manager involved in this think tank but perhaps he has enough on his plate.
stfrancis

Postby stfrancis » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:34 am

https://t.co/LUoH4tm9jG

Nice little snippet in the cork examiner, last few lines about the dropping of walsh and others....any other developments lads? has the search for an actual coach in year 2 of the mccarthy project been successful? most people feel a coach is needed from the start but I suppose we have our own way of doing things in cork football
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Eddie Kirwan Nemo new football coach...
Norrback

Postby Norrback » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Walsh has now switched back and forth to football for years...at one stage playing both and performing poorly in 2012 against Donegal. He never developed his potential like a Brian Fenton has done. Great pity. Did'nt perform against Kerry this year ..was he even playing against Tyrone?

Compared to how he was in 2010 he never kicked on. I think the dual strategy played a big part and now he wants to go back to the hurlers again...
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Norrback wrote:Walsh has now switched back and forth to football for years...at one stage playing both and performing poorly in 2012 against Donegal. He never developed his potential like a Brian Fenton has done. Great pity. Did'nt perform against Kerry this year ..was he even playing against Tyrone?

Compared to how he was in 2010 he never kicked on. I think the dual strategy played a big part and now he wants to go back to the hurlers again...

Does he? He's nowhere good enough
northcorklad

Postby northcorklad » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:33 pm

I know a lot of people wouldn't be too disappointed to see him gone, but that Walsh news is so depressing when you think back to how exciting a talent he was. His under 21 performance against Kerry in 2011 is probably the most dominant performance by one player I've ever seen in an inter county game. Didn't think he was our worst performer against Kerry this year (and he missed the entirety of the league as well) but for those who played in the early 10's glory days it would probably depress the living shite out of them to see what's around them these days, the guy is 28 now as well and probably thinks real life should come ahead of putting everything into something with next to zero chance of silverware. I find it quite hard to see us stay in division 2 next year because it will be a good bit higher a standard now. Meanwhile we seem to still think that discarding players who have proven their worth before things went to pot is still the way to go, replacing them with lads who are thrown in simply based on being younger. If Mayo/Donegal had done similar in 2010 they would have gone nowhere.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”