Cork Hurlers 2018

youngbob

Re: Cork Hurlers 2018

Postby youngbob » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:08 pm

I heard Shamie was suffering from concussion. Thats why he didn't come out for 2nd half. Does that rule him put for next week?
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:42 pm

I was talking to one of the players tonight. Shamie hadn't concussion, they took him off as a precaution. Himself and Cooper trained tonight. The more game time he gets the better. When the ground firms up he should be hopping
Redadare

Postby Redadare » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Just to wrap up on the expert tactician youngbob,,,,FYI, I was at game and most games that I can....take off the blinkers, open your mind to the beautiful game that hurling is, to the wonderful players we have,those with skill who devote their time and effort to play for their county,so people can go and enjoy watching them. Don't be a hater,don't be a judge ,don't be a Langer,just enjoy. Come August maybe the 'sunshine boys: will have their say
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:56 pm

Redadare wrote:Just to wrap up on the expert tactician youngbob,,,,FYI, I was at game and most games that I can....take off the blinkers, open your mind to the beautiful game that hurling is, to the wonderful players we have,those with skill who devote their time and effort to play for their county,so people can go and enjoy watching them. Don't be a hater,don't be a judge ,don't be a Langer,just enjoy. Come August maybe the 'sunshine boys: will have their say

Tis like Woodstock around here.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Redadare wrote:Just to wrap up on the expert tactician youngbob,,,,FYI, I was at game and most games that I can....take off the blinkers, open your mind to the beautiful game that hurling is, to the wonderful players we have,those with skill who devote their time and effort to play for their county,so people can go and enjoy watching them. Don't be a hater,don't be a judge ,don't be a Langer,just enjoy. Come August maybe the 'sunshine boys: will have their say

I hope you're right kid, there would be no one more pleased to eat humble pie. By God I'm not a hater, I'm not like most 'supporters' who go to Thurles for the Championship and shout abuse on their annual day out. All I'm saying is if we had more guys with the balls of Bill Cooper we wouldn't be over run like we were vs Wexford. Is it a coincidence that when he went off injured Wexford totally got on top. IMO he won't get the recognition he deserves till he has to be replaced (hopefully not for another couple of years). He's not the most stylish player but if he doesn't get the better of his man, the likes of Hoggie and Lehane won't win enough ball to have an impact. Chill (like it says on the jersey)
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:19 pm

Clare on Sunday in Ennis, they seem to be focusing the league, will be interesting to see what team we put out, named tomorrow night
expat

Postby expat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:57 am

I reckon Meyler should be looking at getting Nash back in mix and attempting to redress the ball winning frailties of the second half of the Wexford game. The Kilkenny league match last year was similar in the frustration that every ball that went down came straight back (in the second half). I think it may be down to the lack of Nash but also down to the lack of Coleman who threw some excellent diagonal balls last season that suited the half forwards.

I reckon Mikey Cahalane deserves 70 minutes with a "go for goal mandate". The curly hook fear of substitution has massively impacted on our ability to go for goals. I know its the modern game but could we accept that we might have to put up with a 10 minute player who scores goals (Seanie O Leary..John Fitzgibbon..Kevin Hennessy) and know that they have the backing of the sideline. Video analysis of all sports has taken the divil out of goalscoring as players know their every move is scrutinised leaving the risk takers cast aside. Goals are worth 3 points but also provide a massive boost crowd wise and we have lost that side to our game. I accept that it was during a more pragmatic era that it left our game but the time has come to get this Mojo back.

Any chance someone might be able to take a sideline cut apart from coleman

The spice against Clare is not the same without Hissy Fitz but still should be a bit of an edge.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 pm

expat wrote:
Any chance someone might be able to take a sideline cut apart from coleman

The spice against Clare is not the same without Hissy Fitz but still should be a bit of an edge.

Lehane takes an excellent sideline cut, but he's seldom called upon to do so. He always gets great height and length into them, but his accuracy is not that good if he's going for a point.
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:00 pm

What is Coleman's status? His absence against Wexford can't be overstated.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 pm

bronxrebe; wrote:What is Coleman's status? His absence against Wexford can't be overstated.

According to the Echo, he is expected to be on the panel for Sunday, but it is not known if he will start.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”