Cork Hurlers 2018

donal66

Re: Cork Hurlers 2018

Postby donal66 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Suggest we need to try Eoin Cadogan against Waterford at full back, our numbers 3 and 6 currently not working up to standard.
How about O'Donoghue-Cadogan-Spillane
Ellis-Cahalane-Coleman
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 pm

I think both Cahalane and Cadogan are full backs and I think Cahalane has the edge. If we’d won last week we could have risked having a look but unless results go our way this weekend we probably don’t have that luxury.

We have problems in the half back line but we also have issues in the corner.

What management have achieved this year and last is a good collective defensive effort which has mostly made up for some of those weaknesses. But we are living dangerously.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Thats us hurling into July at worst...a bit of breathing space to drive on now.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Munster SHC 2018

Team Played Won Drew Lost Difference Points
Limerick 3 2 1 0 19 5
Cork 3 1 2 0 5 4
Clare 3 2 0 1 6 4
Tipperary 4 0 2 2 -8 2
Waterford 3 0 1 2 -22 1
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Cork should overcome the already-eliminated Waterford next week. Does anyone know where the Munster Final would be if we do?
expat

Postby expat » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:55 pm

We are through now. This is a very solid achievement. When you consider the relegation play off situation where we landed at the bottom of the pile. When you consider all the underage failures over the last years. This must have been target one for the management. They have achieved this while 2 of the last 4 from last year are gone. Credit due. The target now is to plan the road ahead whether that is as Munster 1/2 or as qualifiers from 3rd. The target is not July 1 the target is the All Ireland. I assume the management are not looking for that as their barometer. Pitch invasions at the final whistle should be reserved for the Final.

Waterford must be gutted . All Ireland Minor title 2013..... those lads are all 23 now should be in their prime. Dan the attention seeker is away now with his tail between his legs. They were robbed last week and then applauded for their magnanimous reaction to being robbed...… would Cody have been thus.?
langerinexile

Postby langerinexile » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Podsy wrote:Cork should overcome the already-eliminated Waterford next week. Does anyone know where the Munster Final would be if we do?

A Cork v Limerick final would be in Limerick.
A Cork v Clare final would be in Thurles.
I am not sure where a Clare Limerick final would be. Either Cork or Thurles

Win against Waterford & qualify for the final. Limerick only need a draw. If Limerick win then it is Cork v Limerick in the final regardless of what happens in Thurles.
leesider

Postby leesider » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Great to see the Blaas knocked out after all their gloating last year after the AI semi-final. We relegated them from division one too for good measure.
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:51 pm

How sad is it that you have to contemplate that Cork are better off losing this week. Short of that they may then be better off losing the Munster Final. Not the way it should be.
langerinexile

Postby langerinexile » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm

bronxrebe; wrote:How sad is it that you have to contemplate that Cork are better off losing this week. Short of that they may then be better off losing the Munster Final. Not the way it should be.

well stats back you up. The Munster champions have since the inception of the back door route have a very low success rate in the All Ireland Semi-finals. That said you have to play each game on it's on merit and can't approach the next couple of games with a fear of history.

Given this has been a very competitive Munster championship, are whoever wins going to be able to come down off an inevitable high and go again against a side with momentum going into an All-Ireland semi. The gap for the Munster & Leinster champions to their All-Ireland semi is now 4 weeks instead of 5. I am not 100% sure the 5 week gap is the reason for the failure of Munster champions at All-Ireland semi-final stage but the numbers are there for all to see

Being 100% honest I don't think the All-Ireland champions will be a Munster side and furthermore it would not surprise me after such a demanding Munster championship if we see all three of Galway, Kilkenny and Wexford in the All-Ireland semi-finals

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”