County convention December 10

producer ben

Re: County convention December 10

Postby producer ben » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:23 pm

At the moment, the chair, vice chair and treasurer are vacant. Two declared candidates for vice chair. Will Tracey have a contest? Talk of John O'Flynn Freemount running for treasurer.
Aboydakid

Postby Aboydakid » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:27 am

producer ben wrote:At the moment, the chair, vice chair and treasurer are vacant. Two declared candidates for vice chair. Will Tracey have a contest? Talk of John O'Flynn Freemount running for treasurer.

Also coaching officer ( Kevin is leaving this position ) development officer ( Richard is leaving this position )
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:56 am

Massive few weeks for the future of Cork GAA - If people care enough a hell of a lot can be done before this convention

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/ ... 61731.html
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 am

I was only thinking there - probably obvious to brighter contributors that if Kevin O'Donovan's time is up as Development officer and the powers that be edge him out for vice he would be lost to the board completely. That's democracy I suppose (in a way), but would be frightening if a guy like him was dispensed with.

Mind you I did hear Jim Hanley is running for development officer, that's good news. He's an able dealer, with vision and not a man to be cowed by the more established elements. While not the highest profile role, if we don't get it right we're at nothing.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:53 pm

http://www.gaacork.ie/news/10030996/5_O ... Convention

While the full list of who's running isnt revealed, a few are and are slam dunks in my opinion.
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Think I mixed up my coaching and development officers there - still though
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:15 pm

greatbleddyman wrote:I was only thinking there - probably obvious to brighter contributors that if Kevin O'Donovan's time is up as Development officer and the powers that be edge him out for vice he would be lost to the board completely. That's democracy I suppose (in a way), but would be frightening if a guy like him was dispensed with.

Mind you I did hear Jim Hanley is running for development officer, that's good news. He's an able dealer, with vision and not a man to be cowed by the more established elements. While not the highest profile role, if we don't get it right we're at nothing.

Have heard that O' Donovan is running for Vice-Chair, which would be great news for the County in my opinion.

Hadn't heard about Hanley but he's very well rated by a few people I trust as a reasonable, progressive voice, and he has the experience. Would hope that he gets in.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Guess who won 2nd place in last nights Cork GAA Clubs Draw?
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:11 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Guess who won 2nd place in last nights Cork GAA Clubs Draw?

Would it be a lad with RIP on a black coffin for his avitar?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”