County convention December 10

producer ben

Re: County convention December 10

Postby producer ben » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 pm

John Feeney is Dripsey. Is in the mid Cork board for years.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 pm

greatbleddyman wrote:Who is Feeney going for treasurer? We havea real split between old school and new school for treasurer, who would Feeney be most likely to take votes from?

I believe John O'Flynn is a retiring director of Deloitte and Touche. Knows his way around a money tin.
I heard Ronan Dwane will be elected unopposed for Coaching Officer as all others pulled out
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 am

http://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaw ... 616093.pdf

Richard Murphys baby. Anyone read it? Meh. Lots of vague areas
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 am

I'm betraying my ignorance of GAA administration, but what is the difference in the roles of coaching officer and development officer. Coaching seems like it should be a subset of development
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:37 am

greatbleddyman wrote:I'm betraying my ignorance of GAA administration, but what is the difference in the roles of coaching officer and development officer. Coaching seems like it should be a subset of development

Development is development of the club, GBM - property, pitches, facilities, officer training, planning, fixtures etc.
Coaching is cones an' all dat gear, like!

On the first I would think that Jim Hanley has already shown more drive in his relatively youthful GAA career than Pat Horgan has in his many years of being on the Executive. Jim is heavily involved with the divisions and was the driving force behind the Junior B and C County Championships which has brought structure and increased playing numbers. What's more he did it with little fuss - we had one meeting with him and it was done. I can't think of anything Horgan has done for our club or our division and he is fatally linked with the old guard and old-style politicking.

John O' Flynn and Kevin O' Donovan are absolutely essential in my book, especially over the usual suspects Diarmuid Gowen and Richard Murphy.

Happy with Ronan Dwane and congrats to him. He has a great reputation. Would also have been happy with Shane Supple.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:38 am

tipp-ex wrote:http://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaws.com/uploaded/7/1/CorkGAAStrategicPlan2018-2020_1510616093.pdf

Richard Murphys baby. Anyone read it? Meh. Lots of vague areas

Amazing that a man can have something as full-blooded as Kevin O' Donovan's report for source material and take one year to produce something as anaemic as that!
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Good Post Podsy - there will be no fireworks with Jim. He'll just get the job done, simple as that.

As for the strategy, seems they managed to turn wine into water alright.
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:50 am

What's the sense on the ground down there lads about how this is going to go? It's a huge couple of weeks for Cork GAA. The clubs have the best chance in decades to take back their say in what happens in Cork GAA from people who have trodden all over them. After Ger Lane's disgraceful outburst towards John O Flynn (for asking a question every delegate should not only have asked but actually not needed to ask) I would have thought that clubs would be queuing up to get rid of the old guard. Reading this site and PROC though it sounds like it could be touch and go. That in itself is depressing. In all walks of life those who are regularly bullied and abused become so accustomed to it they forget that it doesn't have to be that way and that it is not normal.

The thought that we might finally have a few people who are willing to serve Cork GAA for the good of all and to ask the questions that need to be asked is enough to make you want to dance in the street like those lads in Harare on the news last night. I hope it doesn't turn into Tianamen Square though. It's up to the clubs to get organised and vote for the future of Cork rather than for the future of old men whose vision faded years ago.

On PROC some lad talking about Cadogan is saying he can hone his hurling ball skills in the Rochestown ball alley. €80 million later, the fact that someone would even think that was likely to be the place he'd need to do that says everything.
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 am

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/cpa-seeks-support-for-transparent-voting-at-gaa-annual-congress-463631.html

The Club Players Association (CPA) has called on GAA members to back a motion to ensure voting transparency at the GAA annual congress.

Michéal Briody, CPA Chairman. Pic: Piaras Ó Mídheach/Sportsfile
Their proposal is one of eight they hope clubs will back at county conventions ahead of 2018 Congress in Dublin in February, a list which includes calling on the All-Ireland senior football and hurling championship to conclude by the second weekend in July. The CPA have put the list together, having received feedback from club players as well as senior GAA officials.

CPA chairman Micheál Briody said: “We look forward to seeing how they progress and the debate they generate. In truth, how many club members understand the GAA democratic process or would be comfortable taking it upon themselves to bring forward their ideas in a motion with confidence it can go all the way? It is the GAA’s version of the Log Cabin to the White House and sounds great, but is it?”

Motion 1:

Each delegate’s vote on any and all motions shall be recorded, and the result of each vote shall be announced and the record of how each delegate voted shall be displayed at Congress and published in the minutes thereafter.

Motion 2

: On receipt of lists of motions, each county will forward them electronically to every club for consideration and a ballot vote. (b) Within seven days of receipt, each club, having duly considered every motion at a club meeting convened for that purpose in the interim, shall inform their county committee electronically of their ballot vote for each motion. (c) On the basis of one club, one vote, and a simple majority, each county’s annual congress delegates shall vote on each motion in accordance with the ballot vote mandate of their clubs.

Motion 3

: That the Central Fixtures Analysis Committee shall become “The Central Fixtures Committee” and that it shall, before the 1st January each year, prepare and present an overall Master Plan for the entire fixtures programme of every Inter-County and County Club game, Leagues and Championships, to be applied at National, Provincial and County level simultaneously.

Motion 4:

That One (1) Players Representative (i.e. a Member who has participated as a player for their club within the previous 48 weeks) shall be added as a delegate to (i) a club’s delegation to annual county convention, (ii) a county’s delegation to annual Provincial convention and (iii) a county’s delegation to National Annual Congress.

Motion 5:

That the Official Guide 2017, Chapter 7, Enforcement of Rules/Arbitration, Rule 7.11 Appeals, Right of Appeal, (e), (2), (iii) be deleted from the Official Guide (allows clubs to appeal fixtures).

Motion 6

: That there shall be a mandatory closed period for games and collective training of all Inter-County panels for four consecutive weekends during the period April 1 to May 20 annually.

Motions 7 (football) and 8 (hurling):

That the (A) All-Ireland Senior Football and Hurling Championships, (i) Provincial Championships, (ii) All-Ireland Qualifier Series, and (iii) All-Ireland Quarter-Final Group Stage shall be scheduled for completion no later than the second Sunday in July.

Nemo wanted to bring motion 1 and 2 onto the clár for convention. In a shocking turn of events however, they were ruled out on a technicality.
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 am

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/ ... 63929.html

Who has the authority to sanction this sale

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”