County convention December 10

jbm1

Re: County convention December 10

Postby jbm1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Following the close of nominations for the positions of Leas Cathaoirleach and the following have been nominated. The closing date for withdrawals is next Wednesday 21st November 2018 @ 12.00noon
(Nominees listed in alphabetical order)

Leas Cathaoirleach

Caoimhín Ó Donnabháin

Diarmuid Ó Donnabháin

Donal Ó Laocha

Marc Ó Siocháin

Nollaig Ó Ceallacháin

Padraig Ó hArgáin

Risteard Ó Murchú

An by the way, when I went to school, I always thought that C came before D & H & M came before S...or is it they have different Alphabet down the Pairc
Aboydakid

Postby Aboydakid » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:55 am

jbm1 wrote:Following the close of nominations for the positions of Leas Cathaoirleach the following have been nominated. The closing date for withdrawals is next Wednesday 21st November 2018 @ 12.00noon
(Nominees listed in alphabetical order)

Leas Cathaoirleach

Caoimhín Ó Donnabháin

Diarmuid Ó Donnabháin

Donal Ó Laocha

Marc Ó Siocháin

Nollaig Ó Ceallacháin

Padraig Ó hArgáin

Risteard Ó Murchú

Can someone tell me how Kevin and Diarmuid O'Donovan can be nominated for the Vice Chair ?

Anyone in the county could be nominated for any position, A club could nominate A person and she / he wouldn’t know who nominated them.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:58 am

Well, we can exclude Kevin O' Donovan and Diarmuid O' Donovan.

Likewise, Pat Horgan has been re-appointed Dev Officer and Richard Murphy has just been elected GandC Officer.

That would appear to leave Noel O'Callaghan, Donal Leahy and Marc Sheehan.

Noel O' Callaghan is, to my mind, an independent thinker and a straight-shooter. I would be very happy if he got elected, it would be continued progress.
Donal Leahy is a seriously hard worker and excellent on fixtures in particular.
Marc Sheen would, in my view, represent a step back to the old guard and a seriously regressive step. In ten years in office between the Executive and Munster Council I can't remember a single thing that he has done, and - rightly or wrongly - he will always be seen as a pal of Frank Murphy and Bob Ryan, which will lose him lots of votes.

Either of the top two would be fine by me, but one may have to step aside as they are both from the same division and will be splitting their votes.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Podsy wrote:Well, we can exclude Kevin O' Donovan and Diarmuid O' Donovan.

Likewise, Pat Horgan has been re-appointed Dev Officer and Richard Murphy has just been elected GandC Officer.

Noel O' Callaghan is, to my mind, an independent thinker and a straight-shooter. I would be very happy if he got elected, it would be continued progress.
Marc Sheen would, in my view, represent a step back to the old guard and a seriously regressive step. In ten years in office between the Executive and Munster Council I can't remember a single thing that he has done, and - rightly or wrongly - he will always be seen as a pal of Frank Murphy and Bob Ryan, which will lose him lots of votes.

Either of the top two would be fine by me, but one may have to step aside as they are both from the same division and will be splitting their votes.

I would echo these views re the position of Vice. Mark Sheehan is there a long time as you said Podsy and has done nothing of note that I can think. So little in fact that he lived in Galway for a period in the meantime and was still on the Exec. Id go Noel O'Callaghan followed by Leahy
Aboydakid

Postby Aboydakid » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:42 pm

tipp-ex wrote:
Podsy wrote:Well, we can exclude Kevin O' Donovan and Diarmuid O' Donovan.

I would echo these views re the position of Vice. Mark Sheehan is there a long time as you said Podsy and has done nothing of note that I can think. So little in fact that he lived in Galway for a period in the meantime and was still on the Exec. Id go Noel O'Callaghan followed by Leahy

The fact about Mark being on the exec and living in Galway is actually in correct . He lived in Galway for a while when he was Munster council delegate . The munster meetings are in Limerick and would often attend co board meetings while living in Galway.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:15 am

I'd be in favour of new blood also. Here's hoping that one of them withdraws rather than splitting the vote.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Cian Ó Briain
Proinnsias Ó Cinnaolaidh
Seosamh de Bláca

Above going for PRO. Cian O'Brien has done a good job with the Rebel Óg over the past few years. I wouldn't be voting for Joseph Blake, no chance. I know nothing of Kenneally
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:59 pm

From reading interviews from Blake and O'Brien in the last few weeks, Blake seems to have more of a vision and more ideas for the future. O'Brien's greatest feat seems to be the number of times he has tweeted. And that was from interviews both done by Denis Hurley.
Aboydakid

Postby Aboydakid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:08 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Cian Ó Briain
Proinnsias Ó Cinnaolaidh
Seosamh de Bláca

Above going for PRO. I wouldn't be voting for Joseph Blake, no chance.

How come ??
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Aboydakid wrote:
tipp-ex wrote:Cian Ó Briain
Proinnsias Ó Cinnaolaidh
Seosamh de Bláca

Above going for PRO. I wouldn't be voting for Joseph Blake, no chance.

How come ??

Because the other candidate is better imo. Simple

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”