County convention December 10

tipp-ex

Re: County convention December 10

Postby tipp-ex » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:21 am

Following the close of withdrawals on tonight Wednesday. See below officers elected for 2019, and in the case of Leas Cathaoirleach, O.C.P. and Teachtai ar Chomhairle na Mumhan candidates seeking election.
(Nominees listed in alphabetical order)

Cathaoirleach
Tracey Ní Chinnéide (Tracey Kennedy)

Leas Cathaoirleach

Donal Ó Laocha (Donal Leahy)

Marc Ó Siocháin (Mark Sheehan)

Nollaig Ó Ceallacháin (Noel O Callaghan)

Cisteoir
Diarmuid Mac Gabhann (Diarmuid Gowen)

O.C.P.
Cian Ó Briain (Cian O Brien)
Proinnsias Ó Cinnaolaidh (Francis Kenneally)
Seosamh de Bláca (Joe Blake)

Oifigeach Gaeilge & Cultúir
Risteard Ó Murchú (Richard Murphy)

Oifigeach Oiliúna
Ronan Ó Duáin (Ronan Dwane)

Teachta ar Ard Chomhairle
Roibeard Ó Riain (Bob Ryan)

Teachtai ar Chomhairle na Mumhan

Diarmuid Breatnach (Jerry Walsh)

Gearoid Ó Liatháin (Ger Lane)

Mícheál Ó Broin (Michael Byrne)
Aboydakid

Postby Aboydakid » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:21 am

Francis Kenneally to win PRO , possibly on first count
Marc Sheehan to win
Michael Byrne and Ger Lane to win
Aboydakid

Postby Aboydakid » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Any word on the votes might go
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Glen Rovers have two very interesting motions for convention. One, if passed would see the end of divisional sides competing in the county club championship, the other would put restrictions on players outside Cork playing with the colleges in the championship. St Ita's also have a motion to do away with extra time for All-Ireland semi-Finals, which might have a lot to do with what happened this year!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/glen-rovers-call-for-divisional-teams-block-in-cork-890739.html
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Interesting alright. What's the Glens logic about the divisional teams? Is there any motion to reduce the bloated nature of the grades or to bring back proper relegation, not the shite that's there now
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:17 am

I think the idea is that sometimes you get a very strong divisional side which is practically a county side and that unbalances the championship a good deal, although this only happens occasionally.
I don’t mind the divisional sides myself. It gives good junior and intermediate players a chance to get hold of a senior medal, which they might otherwise never win.

The colleges are a different story, because their player pool is not consistent and sometimes they might put a good team out of the championship in one round and in the next round, lacking some of their players, fail to a lesser team, which is hardly the spirit of the competition.

I would also be in favour of St It’s motion, which needs to go all the way to congress. However the GAA are now acting as if their money is made and they just want to get the games out of the way as soon as possible.
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Is the Ita's one replays for all Ireland semi finals? If Harnedy wasn't blocked by Quaid would they be putting the motion forward? I think the more games that are decided on the day, the better. From a club players point of view which makes up 99% of the association.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Seamus Harnedy's name also popped into my mind when I read it, and yes, they want replays, and so do I. There is plenty of room for club games, if they are organised properly. In the Cork county championships, why is there a need for a loser's round? It's championship and if you can't win it, you should be gone, and perhaps you'll try harder next year.

Why is there a need for all the sub-grades within grades? The hurling league is being completely disrespected. Free entry, with most times an insufficient number of umpires and the referee trying to find linesmen from the clubs on the day. Even though it is an amateur organisation, it doesn’t have to be organised in an amateur fashion. This is an abysmal failure on the part of the CCC.

I also don’t see the need for a minor league at county level. It just puts an extra strain on some players who would be playing minor, u-21 and senior in the same year. There is a lot that could be done, besides truncating the inter-county season, if the will was there.
Aboydakid

Postby Aboydakid » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Dorcha wrote:Seamus Harnedy's name also popped into my mind when I read it, and yes, they want replays, and so do I. There is plenty of room for club games, if they are organised properly. In the Cork county championships, why is there a need for a loser's round? It's championship and if you can't win it, you should be gone, and perhaps you'll try harder next year.

Why is there a need for all the sub-grades within grades? The hurling league is being completely disrespected. Free entry, with most times an insufficient number of umpires and the referee trying to find linesmen from the clubs on the day. Even though it is an amateur organisation, it doesn’t have to be organised in an amateur fashion. This is an abysmal failure on the part of the CCC.

I also don’t see the need for a minor league at county level. It just puts an extra strain on some players who would be playing minor, u-21 and senior in the same year. There is a lot that could be done, besides truncating the inter-county season, if the will was there.

Did you put your name up for election for the county executive, will you raise these matters at convention.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Aboydakid wrote:
Dorcha wrote:Seamus Harnedy's name also popped into my mind when I read it, and yes, they want replays, and so do I. There is plenty of room for club games, if they are organised properly. In the Cork county championships, why is there a need for a loser's round? It's championship and if you can't win it, you should be gone, and perhaps you'll try harder next year.

Did you put your name up for election for the county executive, will you raise these matters at convention.

No. I am, not a member of any club, just a supporter. What is your point?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”