County convention December 10

Aboydakid

Re: County convention December 10

Postby Aboydakid » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:25 am

Dorcha wrote:
Aboydakid wrote:
Dorcha wrote:Seamus Harnedy's name also popped into my mind when I read it, and yes, they want replays, and so do I. There is plenty of room for club games, if they are organised properly. In the Cork county championships, why is there a need for a loser's round? It's championship and if you can't win it, you should be gone, and perhaps you'll try harder next year.

Why is there a need for all the sub-grades within grades? The hurling league is being completely disrespected. Free entry, with most times an insufficient number of umpires and the referee trying to find linesmen from the clubs on the day. Even though it is an amateur organisation, it doesn’t have to be organised in an amateur fashion. This is an abysmal failure on the part of the CCC.

I also don’t see the need for a minor league at county level. It just puts an extra strain on some players who would be playing minor, u-21 and senior in the same year. There is a lot that could be done, besides truncating the inter-county season, if the will was there.

Did you put your name up for election for the county executive, will you raise these matters at convention.

No. I am, not a member of any club, just a supporter. What is your point?

I am a member of my club executive, I know a few people on the county executive, we all trying our best, but allot of the time our hands are tied by Croke Park in the decisions that are made . instead of criticising why not join a club and help out instead of giving out.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 pm

I understand you annoyance now, fair enough, and fair play to you.

I live some miles outside the town whose club I support. Many many, many decades ago when I was young enough to play myself and transport was not as easy as it is now (relatively speaking), I played for two country clubs which formed quickly and just as quickly faded out. I never felt it was practical for me to join the town club, although I have always supported them and travel to as many of their matches as I can. I do not have my own transport and have to rely on someone else.

As someone who puts the GAA above every other sport, I feel I have to right to criticize them when I feel they are making mistakes and are not acting in the best interests of their supporters. That I am not an actual member of a club – which not everyone can be - should have nothing to do with the matter on a discussion forum. After all you would not expect only politicians to post on a political site, would you?

If you don’t agree with me, that’s fine, although you have not said that you don't. Instead you say your hands are tied by Croke Park. I know from what I read that in certain matters they are, but tell me this, do Croke Park say the county league competitions should be run with insufficient officials or that they should have a cut-off point, at which point some clubs will have less games played than others? Do you really think this is a good idea, and they could not be restructured better? The times when championship games doubled up as league games – although not perfect – were surely better than this.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 pm

I see the county championship draws won't take place as per normal on Saturday night, no reason given but I assume it's to give extra time for all delegates to eulogies Frank to the last, they should send those extra Saturday late night 2am/3am Christmas buses out to the Páirc, it's gonna be a late one!
Aboydakid

Postby Aboydakid » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:03 am

tipp-ex wrote:I see the county championship draws won't take place as per normal on Saturday night, no reason given but I assume it's to give extra time for all delegates to eulogies Frank to the last, they should send those extra Saturday late night 2am/3am Christmas buses out to the Páirc, it's gonna be a late one!

County Cship draws taking place as County board not in a position to confirm what teams are in the draw due to Glen Rovers motion
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Still gonna be epic
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:07 am

tipp-ex wrote:
Podsy wrote:Well, we can exclude Kevin O' Donovan and Diarmuid O' Donovan.

Likewise, Pat Horgan has been re-appointed Dev Officer and Richard Murphy has just been elected GandC Officer.

That would appear to leave Noel O'Callaghan, Donal Leahy and Marc Sheehan.

Noel O' Callaghan is, to my mind, an independent thinker and a straight-shooter. I would be very happy if he got elected, it would be continued progress.
Donal Leahy is a seriously hard worker and excellent on fixtures in particular.
Marc Sheen would, in my view, represent a step back to the old guard and a seriously regressive step. In ten years in office between the Executive and Munster Council I can't remember a single thing that he has done, and - rightly or wrongly - he will always be seen as a pal of Frank Murphy and Bob Ryan, which will lose him lots of votes.

Either of the top two would be fine by me, but one may have to step aside as they are both from the same division and will be splitting their votes.

I would echo these views re the position of Vice. Mark Sheehan is there a long time as you said Podsy and has done nothing of note that I can think. So little in fact that he lived in Galway for a period in the meantime and was still on the Exec. Id go Noel O'Callaghan followed by Leahy

Heard that Sheehan has won it.
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:41 am

Joseph Blake Adrigole got PRO
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:53 pm

Sheehan very much a Frank man...He hasn't gone away you know !!!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Sheehan is a nothing. The wind last night did more damage. He'll tag along with wherever is flavour of the month.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:01 am

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 92333.html

Whos telling lies? Tracy with another story to Peter McKenna's

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”