Cork u20 football 2018

CORKFAN

Re: Cork u20 football 2018

Postby CORKFAN » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Despite everything this was still a top quality match I watched it back this morning ….we no change in managements for the next few years I can see plenty of these players coming up to senior ….we are better than our results ….this u20 team would do very well in the other provinces ...
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm

CORKFAN wrote:Despite everything this was still a top quality match I watched it back this morning ….we no change in managements for the next few years I can see plenty of these players coming up to senior ….we are better than our results ….this u20 team would do very well in the other provinces ...

Your optimism is laudable CF. Watching it again this fine sunny roasting hot morning means you are a glutton for punishment.
It will take me at least a week to have the stomach for a re run.
CF........we have had these lovely under age teams for ever but they rarely get to the next level for the reasons we have thrashed out
here many times. No tradition, no training facilities, no top coaches, joke of a senior championship, too many 'senior' clubs, and last but not least not nearly enough interest by the vast majority of Cork citizens.
We all know the handful of counties that apply the opposite conditions to the above.
I used to have notions similar to yours but lately a dose of realism has hit me and my expectations for Cork senior footballers has taken
a large dip.
If they manage to beat either Armagh, Monaghan, Tyrone or Kildare, it will be a huge and pleasant surprise.
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:14 pm

County u21 final was played last night.
Finished a draw.

Nemo kicked a good few wides in the last 10 minutes when up a point. Kilmurry kicked a point from Eoghan Clifford, who won a junior hurling medal the week before, to level it.
Kilmurry were up 4 points in the first half but Nemo dominated the game once kilmurry scored their goal. Don't know when the replay will be.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”