Cork u20 football 2018

CORKFAN

Re: Cork u20 football 2018

Postby CORKFAN » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks a millon Podsy as per usual a fantastic report , Hayes did say he did not get much challenge games played I think this team can put it up to Kerrys superstars but tonight showed up some problems that have to be addressed it looks like still this tough test might be the best thing to happen as Kerry had another turkey shoot out but no test yet...
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Apologies, folks - I posted incorrectly that Ian Giltinan was taken off with twelve minutes to go. It was of course Nathan Walsh. I typed the comment in the wrong line. Edited now.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 pm

Lurker and Corkfan,

I would be surprised if we managed to overcome Kerry but we will have learned a lot from tonight. It's the sideline decisions tonight that worry me as much as anything, but sometimes there are reasons that us fans aren't, and shouldn't be, privy to. Let's hope that's the case here.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 pm

We'll have learned more than Kerry did tonight anyway. Whether it's enough to bridge any gap there may be remains to be seen.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:57 am

Top class analysis there Podsy.
Like yourself, I thought a few management decisions were less than encouraging.
Dermot Coughlan Clare's No 11 was the stand out player and our men did SFA to curtail him.
Alan McCarthy ( Barrs) was impressive at senior level last year for his club in the Nemo games and unless he was injured
surely he was the man to fill that gap. If he was injured he shouldn't have been on the subs bench, but bizarrely they 'brung'
him on with 15 minutes left replacing No 2 Nathan Walsh who was our best defender by miles. This move was a head scratcher.
They replaced No 8 Maurice Shanley (Clon) with an out and out forward Mark Buckley and did a bit of giggling around with others
for more balance when Shanley hadn't put a foot wrong all night. OMG.

We scored 1-16 but in reality we got 8 points from the lads who were helping Chris Og Jones and three of them points came from
subs Barrett (2) and Murphy(1). Jones is special and even managed to chip a 45 over without much effort. No 14 Matthew Bradley
is another with a bright future along with the captain Liam O Donovan (Clon).
Cannot see them troubling Kerry unless they up the aggression a good few notches and get the defence in order. Last night's performance
may well be the result of little training time etc. so we can't be too critical I suppose.
With about five minutes left in the game No 7 Tom Hannon hit the crossbar with a rasper that should have gone under and our boys would have
a struggle to stay ahead if that had gone in. I know we missed about four goals ourselves over the course of the game but in truth there was
very little between the teams overall. Clare's No 5 Ikem Ugweuru was a candidate for MOTM and will soon wear a senior jersey for his county.
A horse of a man as they would say in Ennis.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Great reports as usual boys, thanks
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:26 pm

The Cork U20 football team to play Kerry in tomorrow's Munster Championship Final in Austin Stack Park, Tralee @ 7.30pm has been announced as follows.

1. Ian Giltinan - Carrigaline
2. Nathan Walsh - Douglas
3. Brian Murphy - Nemo Rangers
4. Kevin O Donovan - Nemo Rangers
5. Liam O Donovan - Clonakilty - Captain
6. Aidan Browne - Newmarket
7. Tom Linehan - St Michaels
8. Colm O Callaghan - Eire Og
9. Mark Keane - Mitchelstown
10. Maurice Shanley - Clonakilty
11. Tadhg Corkery - Cill Na Matra
12. Cathal Maguire - Castlehaven
13. Colm Barrett - St Finbarrs
14. Chris Og Jones - Iveleary
15. Damien Gore - Kilmacabea
Subs
16. Eoin Kelleher - Eire Og
17. Alan McCarthy - St Finbarrs
18. Sean O Sullivan - Mitchelstown
19. Liam Wall - Kilmurry
20. Jack Ryan - Ballymartle
21. Mathew Bradley - Aghabullogue
22. Mark Cronin - Nemo Rangers
23. Killian Myers Murray - St Finbarrs
24. Sean Walsh - Mitchelstown

No sign of Blake Murphy who impressed v Clare when introduced. Sean Walsh started that game and my guess is he will again. No way is Corkery a No 1i. He was wing back the last match and was replaced by Sean O Sullivan who did well. Glad to see Barrett starting but have serious doubts about the defence. Alan McCarthy will hopefully be called in early as Clare's No 10 and 11 scalded our defence.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:43 pm

No Blake Murphy or Mark Buckley in the subs strange …..Mark Cronin back again in the subs bench....right lads you heard it here first we are going to win this one ;)
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Live on TG4 tomorrow night too
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:36 pm

CORKFAN wrote:No Blake Murphy or Mark Buckley in the subs strange …..Mark Cronin back again in the subs bench....right lads you heard it here first we are going to win this one ;)

We will if Chris Og Jones scores 1-8 again, but you can bet Jack O Connor will have plans to stop him, fair or foul.
Barrett starting will help as he will trouble any defender but I see they have shoved full forward Bradley into the subs bench. He scored 3 against Clare and won frees also. I think they will improve as a team from the Clare game as they didn't link up very good that night. Lots of individual skill and classy football but short on team work. I hope you are right of course, but ..............you know yourself?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”