Cork u20 football 2018

Ranty

Re: Cork u20 football 2018

Postby Ranty » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Worse that depressing. Is Hayes really a Nemo man?
Hard to credit how any coach/manager would have his players lashing hail mary balls on top of the biggest, strongest and best underage fullback that's currently playing. He may well be the best ever underage player, Mr Stefan Okumbor.......note the name.
We have a decent team but absolutely zero smart coaching.
One good forward Chris Og Jones and Bradley, Murray and Cronin warming the subs bench.
Don't get me started on whistler Lonergan. He may well be related to Kerry's keeper Lonergan............. :D
We are bursting a gut for a goal to get us within a point. Cork player almost through, brought down with a rugby tackle. Free in which Jones tapped over. NO CARD FOR TACKLER............not even a Yellow.
Ball is kicked out.............Kerry sprinting now and work it in to one of their subs, Donovan chases. gets a hand in low to the ball, Kerryman goes down ( they do that, don't they). Black Card and penalty. Game over.
Nobody knows why Kerry's Moynihan got that Black card least of all himself but how these clowns are appointed handle Munster finals is beyond belief. He let attempted assassinations go scott free and blows the timid stuff.
It won't last long more.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:55 pm

Just once, just freaking once can we win a close enough game again them?
Nope. Beyond annoying.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Tipp Ex I cant be right all the time ! a very good first half in the end there bench made the difference very disappointing for the second year in a row we lose all 4 football championship matches to them....we have to look forward some very good players on this team Liam O Donovan, Nathan Walsh look like two real defenders , Mark Keane raw talent can we keep here is the big question still ended with 2 points for a very young man... Colm Callaghan some fielder some runner and can take a score ...Chris Og Jones has been the star of this team outstanding and young Damien Gore great ball winner and like Jones is a two legger should not have been taking off could have been used closer to the goals...
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Same number of scores, but the goals were a killer. Why can Cork football teams not stop goals being scored against them? It's the basic thing you have to do if you want to win anything.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Ranty

Postby Ranty » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:20 pm

tipp-ex wrote:https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0629/974273-kerry-complete-munster-clean-sweep/

First line and I gave up

If the football brains in Cork had an unlimited supply of funds from a multi national sponsor and a centre of excellence that cost millions plus omteen ex footballers with all ireland medals to coach our young men..............we would have a level playing field.
Not going to happen so it is doubly galling to hand them victory with novicy mistakes and lack of fitness.
Somehow I don't expect Monday morning to feel any better, but the hurlers will not be beaten easily. 'Tis in the blood.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 am

Ranty wrote:Ball is kicked out.............Kerry sprinting now and work it in to one of their subs, Donovan chases. gets a hand in low to the ball, Kerryman goes down ( they do that, don't they). Black Card and penalty. Game over.

'Twas ever thus.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:33 am

I noticed the Kerry lads giving out like mad to the referee the few times they were penalised. In a different sort of way, Kerry teams are now intimidating referees in the same way as Brian Cody's hurlers did.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:42 am

Dorcha wrote:I noticed the Kerry lads giving out like mad to the referee the few times they were penalised. In a different sort of way, Kerry teams are now intimidating referees in the same way as Brian Cody's hurlers did.

And you can be sure that Jack wasn't exactly silent on the sideline either.
Where OH where was Ollie Rúa when we needed him.............. :lol:
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:58 pm

While I am sick of making excuses still I have to mention Kerrys penalty last night very soft Kevin O Donovan got his hand to the ball ...but that's it when we are down these decisions will go against you.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”