Nemo v Crokes

leesider

Re: Nemo v Crokes

Postby leesider » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Great to put one over on that p###k Pat O' Shea. I always remember his gloating speech at the homecoming in 2007 after the All-Ireland final: "We taught our neighbours from across the border a thing or two about football".
Yeah well you learnt a thing or two today yourself Pat.
:-)
Maurice Banks

Postby Maurice Banks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Well done to Nemo for restoring a bit of pride in Cork football at the end of a largely forgettable year. Played some very good football. It was good to see a bit of controlled aggression from Nemo. I felt Alan O' Donovan typified that. I think he was wing back two years ago for Nemo when they lost to Clonmel. I don't know if he has the aerial power for intercounty midfield but I'd like to see him get a run with Cork maybe even at centre-back. We could do with a physical presence there and he seems like a no-nonsense, combative type of player.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Nemo Ranger wrote:Up Nemo!! Great Result. Good all round performance. Alan O'Donovan and Michael Martin definitely should get a look for Cork.

Good for you NR, i think i speak for all Cork supporters in enjoying that one, enjoy the celebrations
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:13 pm

By the way, I hope Ronan McCarthy sits down and watches that game over and over again. Nemo set out a template of how to beat a Kerry team. Amongst other things, get in their face, run at em direct and be aggressive forcing frustration and yellow and red cards. Gooch is a busted flush.
A masterclass from Nemo
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:05 pm

Congrats to Nemo. Superb win!
donal66

Postby donal66 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:30 pm

Some odds :
- Paddy Power was going 5/2 Nemo - 2/5 Crokes
- I understand some bookies were offering Nemo at 3/1
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:27 am

Great win for Nemo. You have to admire them. They just have an innate confidence and sense of entitlement unmatched in Cork football. Hopefully a rising tide floats all boats.

If we could get that from Connolly more often what a player we would have. So frustrating to know that that is in him.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 am

Weary Crokes................big headline by Leen across the front of the Examiner supplement.

Whatever credits are given to Nemo in subsequent articles in pages 2-5 are dampened by this unsporting headline.
He conveniently forgets to tell us that Crokes refused to fulfill a fixture with neighbours Legion last week in order
to rest up and be ready to give Nemo a football lesson ( A la Pat O Shea in 2007).

Nemo captain Aidan O Reilly gave some leadership to his team yesterday and even scored a good point. A little bit
more composure by Connolly in front of goal and he would have scored 2-10 instead of 0-10.
Gumley is a massive addition to this team and scored with both legs.

The only negative is the restarts. Lost more than half of them to the opposition. Sort this out if possible and Nemo
will win this cup.

Congrats to all in Trawbeg. Youz must be smiling from ear to ear this morning after stuffing all the bookies and the
pundits.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:20 pm

How old is Gumley - if that's how it is spelt! - Surely a chance on the Cork team for him, as well.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Dorcha wrote:How old is Gumley - if that's how it is spelt! - Surely a chance on the Cork team for him, as well.

We are told that he's on the wrong side of 30, but Neil Tobín would never forgive Ronan McCarthy if he picked a Máain Cháávan
baxtard on a Cork team. :lol: :lol:
Joking aside, he's a classy footballer but probably not the way forward now.
An interesting stat from the game shows Nemo with just 2 wides and one of them was a 45 by Connolly. Barry O Driscoll can claim
the other one but no blame to him as his shot from an impossible angle with time almost up was important to kill time.
The mighty Crokes forwards hit 8 wides with Gooch claiming one from a free as did Casey. Apart from his 3 points from frees,
(one very dubious call) Cooper gave the ball to Nemo lads 4 times with bad passes. Crokes selector Harry O Neill has the neck to blame
the surface for their hammering along with the low sun in the 1st half blinding the KIllarney lads. Gimme a break.

Ref Sean Lonergan from Tipp, is typical of most whistlers and how he missed White's pull down on Kerrigan could have cost them the game
if it was a bit tighter. He did however get the call right on Kieran O Leary which prompts a huge 'búala boss' to young O Donovan who not
alone held the ball but flattened bully boy O Leary all in the same movement.
Very hard to be critical of any Nemo player but one or two of them hang onto the ball a bit too long and get caught in possession. Refs always give the free against the ball holder even if he's being mauled by a pack of wolves.

Thank you Nemo for making the winter very bearable.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”