Nemo v Crokes

Dorcha

Re: Nemo v Crokes

Postby Dorcha » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Pairc ui Roinn's surface looked to be in better condition than the surface at Tuam Stadium in the first match. It may have cut up a bit as the match progressed, but at least the ball bounced properly.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Newsflash for Tony Leen and Paudie Palmer there was 14 Cork men playing for Nemo Rangers yesterday.
langerinexile

Postby langerinexile » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Fair play to Nemo. Great result for them and Cork football.

I once read a piece by Dinny Allen (years ago) in the Echo of how the rest of Cork football hated Nemo. I thought it very unfair, everyone loves to beat them in the Cork Co Championship but here's the thing, once Nemo (or any other Cork club for that matter) leave the Cork Co Championship for me they are a Cork club and I will always back them. Living here in Dublin I've been to Croke Park many a time backing them or Newtownshandrum in the hurling on March 17, I hope they are there on March 17 and yes Dinny I will dream of Clonakilty beating the All Ireland champions next season :)
westcorkrebel

Postby westcorkrebel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Great result for nemo

Nothing beats keeping the animals over the border quiet
leesider

Postby leesider » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Even though I was at the match I missed Kerrigan nailing the Crokes half-back. I also missed it on the recording of the game because it stopped recording before the end of the game. I finally got to see it on the TG4 player just now and it did my heart good to see one of the animals get a taste of their own medicine.
They have been doing that to us for years without getting it back so fair play to Paul for standing up to them.He probably should have got a red but thankfully he got away with it.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 pm

leesider wrote:Even though I was at the match I missed Kerrigan nailing the Crokes half-back. I also missed it on the recording of the game because it stopped recording before the end of the game. I finally got to see it on the TG4 player just now and it did my heart good to see one of the animals get a taste of their own medicine.
They have been doing that to us for years without getting it back so fair play to Paul for standing up to them.He probably should have got a red but thankfully he got away with it.

I got that as well, missed the last ten. I wonder was it anything to do with the first game going to ET
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 am

Aodhán McGearailt who was doing the back up analysis for TG4 shouted 'DEARG' but sure he'd be unbiased and totally neutral. :?:

Can't say I agreed with him but then again, I'd be unbiased and totally neutral as well. :?:

The truth of the matter is more like Alan O Donovan came in late and gave 'yer man' on the ground a clip across the ear.
He also gave Gooch a little 'stopper' which capsized him.
All very refreshing stuff from a Cork perspective.
greatbleddyman

Postby greatbleddyman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 am

Good line by Gumley in the examiner today about joining Nemo at 33

“I came through the over-age system in Nemo!” he laughs. “Junior Cs, As, intermediates and then the seniors.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 pm

tipp-ex wrote:
leesider wrote:I got that as well, missed the last ten. I wonder was it anything to do with the first game going to ET

Yep. It's always good practice to record the programme after the match as well if there's a possibility of extra time. I rarely think of it though.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:51 pm

I too am always willing to support any Cork club (well, almost any Cork club!) once the leave the county. Given our record in both codes in recent times beggars cant be choosers.

Thought Nemo were superb. Got all their match ups right, played the game on their terms for the most part. Brought huge determination to it, great work ethic, weren't going to be beaten. Forwards get the glory but watching on tv I thought the backs to a man were outstanding, individually and collectively, choking the Crokes forward and breaking with pace and purpose.

Particularly impressive was the way they held their nerve and shape when Crokes got a run on them in 2nd half. Showed a lot of maturity. Lesser teams would have wilted at that point. As a poster earlier pointed out, this was a template to form the basis for Cork down the line.

Slaughtneil will be a huge test, they will be as hungry as Nemo and probably more battlehardened. That's for another day but at least the year ends on a more positive note for Cork football after a pretty disillusioning year for the county team.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”