Senior Football Club Championship 2018

tipp-ex

Re: Senior Football Club Championship 2018

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Destroyed, 5-20 conceded by our champions all from play I think. The Gooch came on with 15 left and I don't think anyone from the Barrs actually touched him physically; he did as he pleased and twas shooting practice from minute 1.
Its frightening how far behind we are of Kerry in footballing terms. And most teams are beaten before they even set foot on the pitch.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Away game and Injuries to key players, plus goddamn awful conditions and a p1ss poor ref contributed to a 'fake' result
because the Barr's just didn't turn up and couldn't be bothered.
Crokes will know that too, but it was still embarrassing to see the likes of Maguire coughing up possession to tidy little
Kerrymen by running down blind alleys.
Kilnamartra would have put up a better show and Nollaig O Laoire with his brudder would have kept that score respectable.

Not a true reflection on the state of our championship as the Barrs left their appetite for football on the bus.
DowchaBhoy!

Postby DowchaBhoy! » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Ranty wrote:Away game and Injuries to key players, plus goddamn awful conditions and a p1ss poor ref contributed to a 'fake' result
because the Barr's just didn't turn up and couldn't be bothered.
Crokes will know that too, but it was still embarrassing to see the likes of Maguire coughing up possession to tidy little
Kerrymen by running down blind alleys.
Kilnamartra would have put up a better show and Nollaig O Laoire with his brudder would have kept that score respectable.

Not a true reflection on the state of our championship as the Barrs left their appetite for football on the bus.

:oops:
Nah. 'Barrs are , lets be kind here, a limited senior football team who would not be winning in Cork if the std wasn't muck.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Well if a team is allowed to score 25 effing times in a game of football it tells me that the other team ain't very interested
in winning.
Yes there is a gap in standards but we can introduce the 'dual code' thing as a big factor in causing that gap.

Having said that, it was embarrassing and sad to see a team of Corkmen humiliated in Killarney. If they weren't interested
in competing, they should have stayed at home and given a walkover.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Ranty wrote:Well if a team is allowed to score 25 effing times in a game of football it tells me that the other team ain't very interested
in winning.

Or are miles behind the standard
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:43 pm

tipp-ex wrote:
Ranty wrote:Well if a team is allowed to score 25 effing times in a game of football it tells me that the other team ain't very interested
in winning.

Or are miles behind the standard

No matter how far behind the standard they surely must know how to foul.
Gimme a break. 25 scores and all from play. Unheard of stuff in any era.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:04 pm

I agree with Ranty here overall. To be honest I feared the worst as the Barrs didn't impress me in our final and Crokes, with proper home advantage and an enthusiasm to atone for last year, were always going to win this with a bit to spare. They're well ahead of the next best in Kerry too and have been for some time.

Conceding 5-20 though is a pathetic attempt and there's no excuse for that. Nemo beat Crokes comprehensively less than a year ago and although they're an exception to every rule, it's difficult to justify a 26 point swing between their best and ours in such a short space of time.

There'll be more gloom over the next couple of weeks I suspect as Fermoy and Dromtarriffe are presumably well below the level of Kilcummin and Beaufort.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:45 pm

I watched back the game again or should I say the horror show ...don't be fooled the Barrs tried very hard in fact started well Sheilds was playing well then had to go off ...but I do not believe they did not try so it makes the result the worst ever in this competition for Cork clubs ...
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm sure they tried in the game itself, but you'd have to question the preparation that went into it over the past couple of weeks. 5-20 like, 5-20! Nobody concedes that.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Be the hokey, Corkfan you are a glutton for punishment if you had the stomach to watch that again.
I abandoned ship after 20 minutes and let out a roar of utter despair that shook the neighbourhood.
This was worse that the Munster final and the Tyrone mismatch.
As Lurker says, there is more coming down the road especially in the junior match v Beaufort.
I have a feeling that Fermoy will give Kilcummin a game or put it another way, the Kerry boys will know
they are in a game from the start, unlike the Crokes.

I sincerely hope Kevin O Donovan can do something quick to change the mindset in Cork football, but he's not a
magician and without elaborating on my long held view that at elite level in 2018 it's simply impossible to excel or
even compete in both codes.
Us long suffering supporters should not be exposed to another massacre like the three we suffered in 2018.
Them feckin mushrooms that grew every year when I was a boy must have been hit with a severe dose of 'roundup' :twisted:

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”