Cork Hurlers 2019

bronxrebe;

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby bronxrebe; » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Whether Lehane is to easily defended or gernerally disinterested his spot on the field can no longer be garaunteed. Make him work for it!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Harnedy should fucking know better as captain, shocking pull after another one in the first half.
Beyond embarrassing now
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Harnedy loses his discipline when things don't go his way. I've seen it a few times with Imokilly. I know it's not popular to say it but I'd have been pleased to see Bill Cooper given the captaincy this year. I agree about Conor Lehane, the opposition must love to see him on our team sheet. He seems only to come alive when the game is out of our reach but I suppose he can't be an impact sub as it will take him 3/4 of a match to warm up. None of our backs can be proud of this afternoon's performance. Only Bill Cooper and Aidan Walsh can pleased with their performance. If 4 days of sun training can improve the Tipp lads we should spend from now till the championship in foreign shores because our skill levels are really poor. Now into the bar to watch the rugby
Tanora

Postby Tanora » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:15 pm

We'll play Kilkenny at a Kilkenny venue next weekend to determine the 2020 league groupings

https://www.gaa.ie/hurling/news/allianz ... ons-x3269/
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Remember a few years ago Waterford beat us in the league semi final and lots of guys were saying we weren't shocking we were keeping our powder dry for the championship. Remind me again what happened?.... Oh yeah they beat us in that game too. Nothing like winning matches, confidence breeds confidence, defeats brings doubt. Those who think we were hoodwinking the opposition are in dreamland. If teams don't foul us we find it hard to stay in a game when things aren't clicking.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:56 pm

tipp-ex wrote:
Dorcha wrote:Giving the all clear on Premier View and PROC. No notice of pitch inspection on the Cork GAA website or their twitter. Today's team announced again on the website. Extraordinary poor PR. Seems to be letting the news go around by word of mouth. Not good enough.

How can they have it before Twitter?

Word of mouth. Only a phone call away.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Cork were very poor. Tipperary were very sharp. The result could be foreseen after just 20 minutes of the first half. No pressure put on Tipperary players picking up the ball. Cork player players then standing off them giving them plenty of time to decide what to do. What exactly is Duggie Howlett supposed to be doing with them? It looks like a waste of money if today is anything to be going on.

Lovely pinpoint pass from Conor Lehane to Aidan Walsh for Cork's goal. Walsh took it nicely and finished well, after being initially smothered.

Only other highlight of the day was that my grandniece has a souvenir of a Tipperary ball (O’Neill’s All-Ireland), from the prematch puck-around, while her friend captured a Cork ball (Cummins all-Star) during the second half.
leesider

Postby leesider » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:16 pm

A completely pointless trip to Nowlan Park next weekend now for a completely meaningless game.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Well that sure as hell wasn't worth getting frozen to the ********* for, or missing the first half of Ireland v France for.

I can only presume Cork had zero interest in winning that game (be nice if they publicised that beforehand and saved supporters the bother of turning up)...because if they had interest in it then we are truly in a dismal place.

That was a shocking performance on so many levels....Tipp were sharper, smarter, hungrier and had a far better attitude. Only Cooper came out of that game with any credit, he was a sole trader in the first half when his team-mates couldn't be arsed helping him out. I didn't see what Harnedy did at the time fr the red, have seen it since and it just brings his whole captaincy into question. Cheap shots off the ball when the game is no longer a contest is not leadership.

I'm still too pissed off to rationalise the performance but....and I've said this a hundred times in the last 6 years so I'm no bandwagoner...Cahalane is nowhere near being an intercounty full back - never was, isn't now, never will be. Now people will disagree with me on this and say e is one of our best defenders, well if he is we are well and truly fucked. He's had some decent games in the past, he's had plenty of bad ones...today just brought the term abject to a whole new level.

And don't get me started on the lack of direction and leadership from the sideline. There was none.

Now some people will say calm the jets, its only the league and winter hurling bla bla bla, but apart from a meaningless game v KK next week we now have two months kicking our heels and hope it will be alright come summer?? Bullshit. We haven't produced one new player during the league, we will go into Tipp in May with the same team that hasn't been good enough for the last few years and won't be anywhere near good enough either this year.
donal66

Postby donal66 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:57 pm

With only 3 from 5 getting out of Munster this year,
whats the betting we'll make the top 3

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”