Cork Hurlers 2019

Tanora

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby Tanora » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:19 pm

We have as much chance as anyone. We haven't lost in Munster since 2016 but that means nothing going into this year's championship. Tipp and Waterford will be better this year so I see everyone taking points off each other. The home games are vital. With Tipp up first followed by Limerick a week later we really have to beat Tipp. 4 points and a decent scoring difference should be enough for a top 3 finish. God only knows who the top 3 will be
lilywhite86

Postby lilywhite86 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Very poor performance today, we didn't look up for the fight. Won very little breaking ball in the middle third.
Cooper & Walsh did well, Alan Cadogen started brightly, as did Tim O'Mahony. After the 20 minute mark though when Tipp got a run on us we gave up.
Any word on Michael Cahalane? Is he out of contention?
Breakin_ball

Postby Breakin_ball » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Hey lads..

Has anyone any news on Alan Cadogan's injury?
He looked fair pissed off in the dugout...
Tanora

Postby Tanora » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Game against Kilkenny confirmed for next Saturday at 2pm at Nowlan Park. At least Harnedy's suspension will be used up here rather than it been carried into the Championship.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm

The week lay-off may have been a factor. Not making excuses, as that was dire, but just wondering...

The training schedule may well have allowed for a hard week after playing Tipp on the 3rd March safe in the knowledge that there was a lay-off afterwards. Faced with a game now being introduced on the 10th March, maybe the management stuck to the plan as part of the bigger training plan and took a chance on the legs being heavy for yesterday? Tipp certainly had more energy.
Handyandy

Postby Handyandy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:39 pm

lilywhite86 wrote:Very poor performance today, we didn't look up for the fight. Won very little breaking ball in the middle third.
Cooper & Walsh did well, Alan Cadogen started brightly, as did Tim O'Mahony. After the 20 minute mark though when Tipp got a run on us we gave up.
Any word on Michael Cahalane? Is he out of contention?

Michael Cahalane will be probably out for at least another 3-4 months so I doubt think he will feature this summer with Cork
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Tanora wrote:Game against Kilkenny confirmed for next Saturday at 2pm at Nowlan Park. At least Harnedy's suspension will be used up here rather than it been carried into the Championship.

No that's not so different competition would not have carried on to the championship only the next Leauge game according to John Meyler .
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Podsy wrote:The week lay-off may have been a factor. Not making excuses, as that was dire, but just wondering...

The training schedule may well have allowed for a hard week after playing Tipp on the 3rd March safe in the knowledge that there was a lay-off afterwards. Faced with a game now being introduced on the 10th March, maybe the management stuck to the plan as part of the bigger training plan and took a chance on the legs being heavy for yesterday? Tipp certainly had more energy.

Possibly Podsy, but it was not just the legs that were heavy...the heads were heavy and the hearts seemed heavy too.

On the flip side, Tipp had 4 days warm weather training during the week , where you would imagine there was intense effort, and looked the far fresher team.
leesider

Postby leesider » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Very disappointing to see Diarmuid O Sullivan having a pop again today:https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/osullivan-criticises-corks-mediocre-at-best-performance-against-tipp-910250.html
He didn't have much to say after we beat Limerick.
I'm losing a lot of respect for this guy.
over40hurler

Postby over40hurler » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Sinbin wrote:Well that sure as hell wasn't worth getting frozen to the ********* for, or missing the first half of Ireland v France for.

I can only presume Cork had zero interest in winning that game (be nice if they publicised that beforehand and saved supporters the bother of turning up)...because if they had interest in it then we are truly in a dismal place.

That was a shocking performance on so many levels....Tipp were sharper, smarter, hungrier and had a far better attitude. Only Cooper came out of that game with any credit, he was a sole trader in the first half when his team-mates couldn't be arsed helping him out. I didn't see what Harnedy did at the time fr the red, have seen it since and it just brings his whole captaincy into question. Cheap shots off the ball when the game is no longer a contest is not leadership.

I'm still too pissed off to rationalise the performance but....and I've said this a hundred times in the last 6 years so I'm no bandwagoner...Cahalane is nowhere near being an intercounty full back - never was, isn't now, never will be. Now people will disagree with me on this and say e is one of our best defenders, well if he is we are well and truly fucked. He's had some decent games in the past, he's had plenty of bad ones...today just brought the term abject to a whole new level.

And don't get me started on the lack of direction and leadership from the sideline. There was none.

Now some people will say calm the jets, its only the league and winter hurling bla bla bla, but apart from a meaningless game v KK next week we now have two months kicking our heels and hope it will be alright come summer?? Bullshit. We haven't produced one new player during the league, we will go into Tipp in May with the same team that hasn't been good enough for the last few years and won't be anywhere near good enough either this year.

This is close enough to what I was going to post yesterday but just like the Cork team yesterday, I couldnt be arsed.3,500 people showed up yesterday and they should all be given their money back.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”