Cork Hurlers 2019

youngbob

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby youngbob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:20 pm

The lads are off to USA on Friday for a well deserved trip. Playing Clare on the Sunday if they win that they play another game. After that they spent 3 days in NY. I hope they have a great time because they give us a great summer and some mighty memories
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Disappointed to hear Lorcan McLoughlin has called it a day at intercounty level, for a guy still the right side of 30 you would have thought he still had something to offer.

Sure, he had slipped down the pecking order behind Fitzgibbon & Cooper but this panel could still benefit from having a few experienced heads around not necessarily on the starting 15. We could have used someone with his experience to close out a six point lead in an AI Semi Final.

Anyway, good luck to Lorcan, he gave Cork his best shot and that's all anyone can ask for.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:40 pm

youngbob wrote:
donal66 wrote:Colm Barry must be worth a look at for fullback in 2019

I've no doubt he has been penciled in for games in the Munster league, he had a solid season. Even if players aren't used in the next championship, I'm all for bringing youngsters in to show them what's required of them by training with the likes of Kearney Harnedy Ellis ect. Man management is very important especially to new fringe lads.

Any truth in the murmur that Cormac Murphy is being brought back into the panel?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:14 pm

The Cork panel is as follows

Anthony Nash - Kanturk

Sean O'Donoghue - Inniscarra

Damien Cahalane - St Finbarr's

Colm Spillane - Castlelyons

Christopher Joyce - Na Piarsaigh

Eoin Cadogan - Douglas

Mark Coleman - Blarney

Bill Cooper - Youghal

Darragh Fitzgibbon - Charleville

Daniel Kearney - Sarsfields

Conor Lehane - Midleton

Shane Kingston - Douglas

Luke Meade - Newcestown

Tim O'Mahony - Newtownshandrum

Patrick Horgan - Glen Rovers

Jack O Connor - Sarsfields

Eoghan Murphy - Sarsfields

Robbie O Flynn - Erins Own

William Kearney - Sarsfields

Dean Brosnan - Glen Rovers

David Griffin - Carrigaline

Darren Browne - Kanturk

Jamie Coughlan - Newtownshandrum

Mark Collins - Erins Own

Conor Twomey - Newtownshandrum

Stephen Murphy - Blackrock
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:59 pm

I heard Shamie will be captain again for next year. He'll be out for a while with a bulging disc. I think Ellis and Cooper suffered from that in the past and it takes time to clear up. Hopefully it will be sorted early and it won't delay his preparation for the league
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:11 pm

Anybody watching the hurling in Boston? Cork into the final v Limerick
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:13 am

I saw some of it. I don't think it's great entertainment. It’s a fairly ridiculous-looking hybrid.

I saw a lay-out of its rules at the start and they would have you scratching your head. Technical fouls are readily whistled up but the more physical fouls are sometimes let go. You apparently can’t touch someone going through on a solo run but they can barge their was past you. Talk about steps! The whistle blown for simply getting in front of someone with the ball, but in the second game a Limerick player shouldered a Wexford player into the back as he was trying to pick up the ball, causing him injury so that he had to go off. Yet Limerick got the free!

If it was on locally, I wouldn’t go across the road to watch it. Still the players seem to like it and the referees love it as it gives them more occasions to shower their power!

On to the REAL hurling.
corkbrian

Postby corkbrian » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:03 pm

http://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/293092

Some additions to the panel, some old, some new.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 pm

I heard Bill Cooper won Cork club hurler of the year tonight in the Readens All Star Awards. Well deserved he had a great year.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Heard John Meyler earlier on rte radio, spoke very well. Said they discussed the extra time collapse against Limerick in the semi final and that it needed addressing. Basically that they need to strengthen the squad. They brought in 3 from the 21s - Lowney, Michael O Halloran and Conor Cahalane

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”