Cork Hurlers 2019

tipp-ex

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby tipp-ex » Sun May 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Doing ok but still a bit 1 dimensional. Will need at least 2 goals to win this. Hoggies radar off a bit as well.
That goal was a killer followed by the Harnedy chance. Limerick seem look me they could go on a scoring burst anytime. Seán O'Donoghue taken for 1-3 from play by Mulcahy. Referee also just gave Lk a free point there
KyBill

Postby KyBill » Sun May 19, 2019 4:17 pm

GOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun May 19, 2019 4:58 pm

jbm1 wrote:Don't worry lads, we always have the footballers to fall back on !!!

Is the double on now?
bronxrebe;

Postby bronxrebe; » Sun May 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Hate to suggest it but were they better off with Lehane getting a knock?
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Sun May 19, 2019 5:05 pm

bronxrebe; wrote:Hate to suggest it but were they better off with Lehane getting a knock?

Definitely, Alan Cadogan was a nightmare for the Limerick backs, particularly in the first half. Himself and his brother epitomised everything right about the performance today.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Sun May 19, 2019 5:20 pm

bronxrebe; wrote:Hate to suggest it but were they better off with Lehane getting a knock?

That's one stupid comment to say that about any player :(
cahirofcork

Postby cahirofcork » Sun May 19, 2019 5:34 pm

What a difference a week makes. I was critical last week of John Meyler but am happy today to eat humble pie. He and his team got the calls right. He made decisive changes at the right times. He picked the players he needed to and who delivered for him as well. Aidan Walsh was my own MOTM. His display was selfless and epitomised all that is good about Cork's hurling spirit, he's taken a lot of shit over the years (both deserved and undeserved at times) but today he gave everything he had and allowed others take the limelight. More power to his elbow. Onwards and upwards.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun May 19, 2019 5:40 pm

CORKFAN wrote:

That's one stupid comment to say that about any player :(

Maybe the way he put it but yes, Alan Cadogan was outstanding, Lehane could have been but whatever, we'll never know, we won.

Outstanding second half, a complete team transformation, well done to them and the management team who surely were under pressure after last weeks non performance. Everything about today was the opposite. Amazing what a bit of fire in the belly can do, horse it into them. I could name all the team as they all contributed but I liked what Aidan Walsh brought to the table, threw himself about and plenty scores came off him. We're back in it now with a fighting chance
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun May 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Hopefully now we have put the CB issue to bed. Mark Ellis has always been my choice. E Cadogan was solid on some hair raising moments. NoL was tigerish again today and even after 2 championship games is playing like a veteran. We had 2 players to hit wides today Hoggie and Kearney. That is unbelievable economy. Aidan Walsh was the only forward not to score and he had a very good hour. Hoggie had nearly as many wides from frees as he had scores. If we were told that before the match PPwould have giving long odds on Cork. For all the good displays I think Bill Cooper's was really amazing. I know skillful hurlers get all the headlines but I think this guy is terrific. He goes about his job meticulously. He gets the best out of the players around him, protects the players behind him and still managed to keep Cian Lynch scoreless. Last year 3 of the nominees for an All Star at midfield were taken off when they came up against him. He had no training this week, took a heavy knock in the 1st half and still doesn't let his concentration to laspes. This result blows open the Munster Championship and probably brings it down to the last game in the round Robin again
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun May 19, 2019 6:55 pm

It will be interesting at the end of the Round Robin to see the statistics on home advantage,, so far its 3 to 1 for the away teams

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”