Cork Hurlers 2019

bronxrebe;

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby bronxrebe; » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 am

Can you expand on Nash being worth points to the opposition?
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:59 pm

I saw a photo of Aidan Walsh's fingers over the weekend, it looks awful. It's the top of his two middle fingers of his catching hand. Thankfully he hasn't lost any part of the fingers (maybe a nail or two) He hopes to be back training tomorrow night with a special protective glove so hopefully he'll be available for selection next week
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:36 pm

To anyone who was at the game - the post match media reports and analysis being rather limited due to the one sidedness of the game - what kind of game did TO'M have at MF?

I still think his biggest impact for now is in attack, and probably the FF line, but Meyler seems determined to give him opportunities in more central positions. The centre back experiment hasn't worked, not yet anyway. I haven't seen him midfield so I can't really comment, but he doesn't seem to me to have the game for intercounty MF?

Also, Darragh Fitz, did he look comfortable at CF? I know we have to take the opposition into account.
over40hurler

Postby over40hurler » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Truthfully,it was a nothing match from start to finish.Somebody said to me today that they were worried that Cork didnt score goals against them,it seemed like Cork did everything not to score goals.Tim didnt look good at midfield but the game was all over the place,like I said in a previous post Westmeath tried every tactic to stop Cork.Which meant that it was hard to judge any hurling.Darragh looked disinterested for long spells and then ran at full pelt to block down a player ,it was that kind of game.Lehane was again anonymous for most of the game,didnt appear to have the other players full confidence in him as they rarely passed to him.That could be just my imagination,but for puckouts,frees and such Myler kept pointing to him as if to say hit it to him will ye?.Robbie Flynn looked really good when he came on.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 am

over40hurler wrote:Truthfully,it was a nothing match from start to finish.Somebody said to me today that they were worried that Cork didnt score goals against them,it seemed like Cork did everything not to score goals.Tim didnt look good at midfield but the game was all over the place,like I said in a previous post Westmeath tried every tactic to stop Cork.Which meant that it was hard to judge any hurling.Darragh looked disinterested for long spells and then ran at full pelt to block down a player ,it was that kind of game.Lehane was again anonymous for most of the game,didnt appear to have the other players full confidence in him as they rarely passed to him.That could be just my imagination,but for puckouts,frees and such Myler kept pointing to him as if to say hit it to him will ye?.Robbie Flynn looked really good when he came on.

Thanks....I guess any experimentation was just that, and no way will TO'M be in midfield next Sunday.

Still a few calls to be made before then...Cadogan over Cahalane at FB, presume Spillane won't feature. Joyce or Downey at wing back. Presuming Kearney is back and Walsh isn't , Darragh Fitz in midfield and still plenty good options in attack.
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:57 pm

1. Anthony Nash - Kanturk

2. Sean O' Donoghue - Inniscarra

3. Eoin Cadogan - Douglas

4. Stephen McDonnell - Glen Rovers

5. Niall O' Leary - Castlelyons

6. Mark Ellis - Millstreet

7. Mark Coleman - Blarney

8. Bill Cooper - Youghal

9. Darragh Fitzgibbon - Charleville

10. Daniel Kearney - Sarsfields

11. Conor Lehane - Midleton

12. Luke Meade - Newcestown

13. Alan Cadogan - Douglas

14. Patrick Horgan - Glen Rovers

15. Seamus Harnedy - St Itas (Captain)

15. Aidan Walsh - Kanturk

16. Patrick Collins - Ballinhassig

17. Damien Cahalane - St Finbarrs

18. Darren Browne - Kanturk

19. Christopher Joyce - Na Piarsaigh

20. Robert Downey - Glen Rovers

21. Tim O' Mahony - Newtownshandrum

22. Robbie O' Flynn - Erins Own

23. Aidan Walsh - Kanturk

24. Shane Kingston - Douglas

25. Declan Dalton - Fr O' Neills

26. Jack O' Connor - Sarsfields

I dunno.... That half forward line has proved before it doesn't win the big games. No ball in winner among em. If its the starting team Harnedy will be back on the 40 trying to win everything. What's the game plan here? Same as last year, hope to win a shout out. I would of liked to have seen one of Dalton / Walsh/ Mahony starting. I dunno, it's weird, I felt more confident before the team was named. :roll:
donal66

Postby donal66 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:46 am

Even if Walsh is not fully recovered O'Mahony, Dalton, Flynn or Kingston are better starting options than Lehane,
seems like a backward step
northcorklad

Postby northcorklad » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:56 am

That Kilkenny team on paper looks a lot stronger than the team Wexford beat but it depends on how up to the pace the likes of Cillian Buckley really are and without wanting to jinx things I'd say Richie Hogan is past his best at this stage. Aidan Walsh surely will play no part either if his finger injury was that bad?
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:37 am

I hope I’m wrong, but that team could be seriously up against it. The match ups in defence will be interesting but I’d have serious concerns about our ability to stop KK getting goals. I have serious concerns about the defensive instincts of five of our six defenders to be honest and am worried that unless we defend as a unit and cover for each other through incredible work rate we could get ripped apart early and be left chasing the game. We seem to be putting all our eggs in the pace basket and Cody will be happy enough with that. Mick McCarthy once said lineker wouldn’t be as fast if he was only running on one leg and we can expect a seriously physical display from KK. A lot will depend on the refs attitude to it all, but I have a sinking feeling about this one.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:31 am

https://www.the42.ie/cork-team-v-kilken ... 1-Jul2019/

2 different teams.
Is Aidan Walsh playing or not?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”