Cork Hurlers 2019

tipp-ex

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Laois lasted longer in championship than us. Embarrassing
stfrancis

Postby stfrancis » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:37 pm

stfrancis wrote:That's a very strong kilkenny half back line, their strongest line up against a hard working wing forwards and lehane who could be great or not so...…….this will be tight, kilkenny will hit everything that moves starting off

I was proven to be correct they absolutely dominated a really poor collection of tippy tappy hurlers, is there any real difference between meade, Kingston, lehane and Kearney.....can any of them actually win a ball? I feel sorry for horgan, the best cork hurler I have seen and een being brilliant again not enough to carry that team. Very disappointed in our captain again in croke park, missed a huge score to put us back to 1 down
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Id say we're the most overrated team ever. To concede 2-27 to an average Kilkenny team is a disgrace. We got what we deserved- fuck all. You could see it coming.

Bye bye Meyler
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:07 pm

tipp-ex wrote:I'm worried about this game. Fellas on Proc taking about "when" we play Limerick in a semi and get revenge. Let's take a deep breath here to reflect on who we are playing and who is their manager

Bump Oh dear
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:12 pm

5 scorers for Cork compared to 13 for Kk. Is Lehane the most over rated player to play for Cork? Shamie isn't far behind him(a leader my bollix). They went missing again today. Kk went in at ht only two pts down after playing 2nd fiddle for 35 mins. Our backs and keeper kept them in the match and in the 2nd half our HF line not only couldn't get the ball but refused to tackle for it. Sideline again too slow to make changes and are too predictable when they do. Dalton around the square would have made our backs hit long ball instead of dithering too often in the final 20mins
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Well Myler is gone anyway. Probably the worst 'tactics' I've seen since the long ball into Aisakie in 2010.i am now firmly in the drop Nash camp. Imagine having a player like Hoggie and not hitting the ball to him? I've said it before, the Kearny,/Meade trick won't win big games. Throw in an out of form Lehane One ball winner in HF line, who wasn't at his best and hope to beat the most dogged team in Ireland. No clue what they wee at. Fitzgibbon might as well as been wearing no 5 he played so deep O'Donoghue, ó leary not able to control the ball. Running into trouble.

That was a tactical clusterfuck by cork. Is there a difference between Kearny, Meade, Kingston, lehane? I'm sick afwr that performance.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Sick is right

I think we need a managerial culture change in Cork. We have so much talent that is not being tapped property. We still have Frank men involved. Meyler needs to go now, he failed. Ya he delivered a Munster but we are Cork, we are in the business of All Ireland and anything else is failure.
I'll give an example. Jamie Wall. In charge of the 16s and I heard the players love him. Let's start with him at minor next year.
Kevin O Donovan - over to you
over40hurler

Postby over40hurler » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:28 pm

bronxrebe; wrote:Can you expand on Nash being worth points to the opposition?

Did you watch that game today vs kk. If so I hope it answers your question.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:38 pm

I see the bash Bill brigade are on PRoC. He was on Killian Buckley in the first half and Buckley didn't appear for the 2nd and when Cooper had to go off Kk cut through us like a knife through butter. He's not flash like Lehane or Harnedy but he leaves everything on the pitch. For the past few years Hoggie and Bill have been our best players by a distance
over40hurler

Postby over40hurler » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:56 pm

We were leaking scores like a sieve at the back and myler starts taking off forwards. Backs who all seem to have to touch the ball before they will even contemplate sending it in to the forwards. Myler stamp is all over that team, and he will probably go now and they will bring in another serial failure to to take his place. All the work done by Kingston wasted.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”