Cork Hurlers 2019

Matty Hislop

Re: Cork Hurlers 2019

Postby Matty Hislop » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:06 pm

over40hurler wrote:We were leaking scores like a sieve at the back and myler starts taking off forwards. Backs who all seem to have to touch the ball before they will even contemplate sending it in to the forwards. Myler stamp is all over that team, and he will probably go now and they will bring in another serial failure to to take his place. All the work done by Kingston wasted.

In a nutshell. O'Mahony only came on coz Cooper was injured. Take off the corner forward syndrome. Hoggie and Cads caught more ball than all the haf forwards combined.

This team is fucked. Player are living off reputations they don't deserve or can't live up to. A clean out is needed. Management and players. This is not a knee jerk reaction. We have been at the same shit since 2013. Tippy tappy fuck all with the ball. Tidy hurlers who want a handy point. Hoggie, Cadogan and Harnedy are keepers for next year... (once again) we need 5 new players to fill positions and the bench here. Don't get me started on the backs.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:11 pm

youngbob wrote:I see the bash Bill brigade are on PRoC. He was on Killian Buckley in the first half and Buckley didn't appear for the 2nd and when Cooper had to go off Kk cut through us like a knife through butter. He's not flash like Lehane or Harnedy but he leaves everything on the pitch. For the past few years Hoggie and Bill have been our best players by a distance

Lehane? That guy sums us up. So much potential and talent but was absolute cat
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Starting Lehane, with the year he's had so far was a bad decision by management. The old saying '' it's harder to get off the Cork team than on '' springs to mind. Certain players have proven they not up to the standard but given chance after chance. If I was Hoggie I would be livid.
donal66

Postby donal66 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:58 pm

With a few exceptions - NO HEART
Heard Cody interviewed on radio after the game about the Cats subs contribution,
he wasn't surprised, he mentioned that during training he saw HONESTY, GENUINENESS, INTENT from his subs
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:46 pm

donal66 wrote:With a few exceptions - NO HEART
Heard Cody interviewed on radio after the game about the Cats subs contribution,
he wasn't surprised, he mentioned that during training he saw HONESTY, GENUINENESS, INTENT from his subs

Cork players haven't done heart since 05.
KK arent a great team. But they showed up our 'gifted hurlers'.

Flash forward to next year...

Manager: Dennis Ring.

O'Donohue Calahane Cadogan.
O'Leary Ellis Joyce.
Coleman/Cooper (on one leg)
Kearny Fitzgibbon Lehane
Cadogan Harnedy Hoggie.

OK. I'm getting a dig i, but if Myler stays on is there gonna much of a change?
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:56 pm

O'Leary Ellis Joyce.
Kearny Fitzgibbon Lehane
Cadogan Harnedy Hoggie.

OK. I'm getting a dig i, but if Myler stays on is there gonna much of a change? All he basically done was switch the corner forward/backs from last year and as you are lads. If A Cadogan wasn't available again would he have just stuck Lehane in there and crossed his fingers?

It's about time Cork get a proper manager who go can call a game and actually adapt to what's happening. Not taking blame away from the players... But this was the worst. The aging naughties team of Kenny, O'Connor, The Rock, Sean Óg, died with their boots on. This team, fuck the skill level, wouldn't hold a candle to the boys.

I'm pissed off and ranting now, but this is the worst defeat in a long while. Worse than Limerick last year. Least then we held the chin up. Now we are bowing out.. Hoggie must be sick.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Matty Hislop wrote:

O'Leary Ellis Joyce.
Kearny Fitzgibbon Lehane
Cadogan Harnedy Hoggie.

OK. I'm getting a dig i, but if Myler stays on is there gonna much of a change?

Meyler cannot stay on. End of story. And Denis Ring cannot be our manager. Kevin O Donovan is in charge now. As I said earlier - over to you now Kev. U20s still going fair enough and KOD is smart enough to stand pat, which is correct. Let's see how that pans out but I've a bad feeling there's too.

It absolutely pains me to say it but the sooner we get rid of Meyler and Ring the better. We're going nowhere with them in charge of so much talent
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Was the switch of the day Joyce for Meade? Did Meyler seriously think that was going to put the shivers down Cody's spine? Lehane got 45 minutes and I'd say the Kk defense only noticed him when he was taken off. Cork are in a worse state with every passing year of this management. Walsh started 3 games this season yet he wasn't called on today. If he was unfit to play he shouldn't have been named on the panel. Meyler got a break early in the campaign with the injury to Lehane. A Cadogan came on and saved the managers bacon. First opportunity Meyler got he brought the 'waster' back and on a very warm day Lehane didn't even work up a sweat. Meanwhile two of our physical forwards (Walsh and Dalton) are left on the sideline. I hope CCB don't ask for his resignation because I wouldn't have the confidence that Meyler could even do that properly. Last year the players covered up the manager's ineptitude by winning Munster but even Hoggie's most glorious performance couldn't hide it today
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:33 pm

What was wrong today?

Couldn’t win the ball in the air, couldn’t win the ball on the ground.

First touch poor, slow to the breaks.

In fact, everything was the opposite to Kilkenny.

The second half, in particular, was a nightmare. Every time the ball went down to the Kilkenny forwards, they won it first time under no pressure, and nearly always put it over the ball. Even when the Cork forwards did win the ball they were under intense pressure. Surely they know what must be done. Why aren’t they doing it?

Cork seemed to be simply playing. Kilkenny were trying to win the game.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Dorcha wrote:What was wrong today?

Couldn’t win the ball in the air, couldn’t win the ball on the ground.

First touch poor, slow to the breaks.

In fact, everything was the opposite to Kilkenny.

The second half, in particular, was a nightmare. Every time the ball went down to the Kilkenny forwards, they won it first time under no pressure, and nearly always put it over the ball. Even when the Cork forwards did win the ball they were under intense pressure. Surely they know what must be done. Why aren’t they doing it?

Cork seemed to be simply playing. Kilkenny were trying to win the game.

It's been coming Dorcha. We got schooled on the sideline too many times this year. Only for the 35 minutes against an undercooked Limerick, this year has been a disaster

Report card: F

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”