Cork Footballers 2019

greatbleddyman

Re: Cork Footballers 2019

Postby greatbleddyman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 am

When is this document available for review?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 am

This is good news, I hadn't seen this coming
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:48 am

greatbleddyman wrote:When is this document available for review?

When I first read Leen's article yesterday, I took it that the 'EVE' of this ground breaking five year strategy plan announcement was the day before today if that's not too confusing. I forgot that this was Kerry/GAA speak and 'EVE' could mean before anytime in the future or knowing the way they treat us supporters it probably means sometime after ye forget we ever said anything about it. :lol:
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:59 pm

greatbleddyman wrote:When is this document available for review?

Cork gaa website from 3pm according to Twitter
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Having skipped through this huge document which is full of the stuff that makes the grass grow, I'm no wiser.
What is a project co-ordinator and in a voluntary organisation what can this person possibly do to hammer the sh1te out of Kerry?
A high performance Director...............I'm begging Maurice to apply for this job.
A talent development manager............this is a job for ;Greatbleddyman assisted by Podsy.
GDA appointments............We will give Lurker and Tipp a shot at these but they are performance related so be on ye're toes lads.
Junior administrator..........I think we will ask Frank to hang on for a few more years as he's a dinger with that stuff.
The media liason officer is a job for 'stfrancis' but he will have to brush up on his grammar and diction. He'll do fine.

The thing is full of useless information about our sick history in football with tables and stats as well as wishful thinking about how all
this will be turned around with these new appointments within five years.
I'm fed up.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Ranty wrote:Having skipped through this huge document which is full of the stuff that makes the grass grow, I'm no wiser.
What is a project co-ordinator and in a voluntary organisation what can this person possibly do to hammer the sh1te out of Kerry?
A high performance Director...............I'm begging Maurice to apply for this job.
A talent development manager............this is a job for ;Greatbleddyman assisted by Podsy.
GDA appointments............We will give Lurker and Tipp a shot at these but they are performance related so be on ye're toes lads.
Junior administrator..........I think we will ask Frank to hang on for a few more years as he's a dinger with that stuff.
The media liason officer is a job for 'stfrancis' but he will have to brush up on his grammar and diction. He'll do fine.

The thing is full of useless information about our sick history in football with tables and stats as well as wishful thinking about how all
this will be turned around with these new appointments within five years.
I'm fed up.

Bang on you nailed it :( god help us can this report at least be looked at in positive terms some very good people put this together can we at least talk up something in Cork football instead of this negative all the time...lets give this a chance you might be surprised.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 pm

I haven't seen the document but its a start, the first acknowledgement is the fact you have a problem, I like the people involved and we all know who is involved, more power to them I say, ok Ranty you've read it and I stand corrected (time constraints) but im going against you on this one. Its a 5 year plan not a 5 minute plan
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 pm

I've only had a twenty-minute scan so far but I'm impressed. I think it's far-ranging, intelligent and - most importantly - it allocates goals to specific individuals.

Look forward to studying it more. Fair play to the three experts - they know their stuff.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 pm

tipp-ex wrote:I haven't seen the document but its a start, the first acknowledgement is the fact you have a problem, I like the people involved and we all know who is involved, more power to them I say, ok Ranty you've read it and I stand corrected (time constraints) but im going against you on this one. Its a 5 year plan not a 5 minute plan

No problem 'tipp-ex', I've been wrong once or twice ........ :lol:
It won't take you long to read it as more than half of it is pictures and tables of previous years losses and who 'bate' us etc.
We really don't need another feed of that, now do we?
Any chance you could tell me what a 'project co-ordinator' is and how such an animal could do anything for Cork football?
While you're at it, you might enlighten me on the function of a ' High Performance Director', or even a ' Talent Development Manager'
Perhaps I'm old fashioned but that clip on the News at 6 tonight was embarrassing.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”