Cork u20 football 2019

CORKFAN

Re: Cork u20 football 2019

Postby CORKFAN » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:38 am

northcorklad wrote:
Lurker wrote:Most enjoyable day supporting Cork since 2010 I would say.

Speaking of Buckley's, what's become of Mark from Dohenys? He was arguably the biggest prospect from the 2016 Minor team who lost to Donegal, I thought anyway.

Agreed, that day at times he looked as if he could kick points in a telephone box. Chris Óg Jones was also on that team and looked the most potent forward on the U20 team last year, was surprised he saw no action with the seniors this year unless he had injuries?

Chris Og Jones was injured most of this year an outstanding talent will be involved again...Mark Buckley has gone off the radar a bit kinda injury prone and plays soccer as well and very good at it .
exile67

Postby exile67 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:23 am

Last Saturday was one of the most enjoyable days I've had following Cork football. Looking at that first Cork goal, particularly the movement up the left wing, I felt that this Cork team was markedly better than the opposition, with a strong gust and a Tyrone hangover affecting us badly in the first 10 minutes. That superiority shone through thereafter and much credit must go to Ricken et al for having these young men calm and able to do the right things, including hounding the Dubs, as was witnessed in one great passage on the Cork 21 in the second half.

Someone posted a link to all the victorious Munster U21 teams since the early '60s on the previous page and, with a few exceptions, it is striking how you usually get no more than two or three players from these winning sides establishing themselves as IC players, not to mind winnings AIs. You would have to think that "dedication, devotion and turning all the night time into the day" plays a lot in what follows from the underage grades. Anyway, to get to the main point: Mickey Quinn (Longford) described Cathal O'Mahony during the week as one of the sweetest kickers of a football he had seen in many a year, something that was particularly evident to us natives in the Munster final. And then I read that O'Mahony says he takes 150 free kicks a week in practice. And he does so Ginger Rodgers-style: "five steps back and four to the side". Keep it up, Cathal (et al) - that's what will be needed to succeed in the years ahead.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:55 am

The final is being replayed on TG4 tomorrow afternoon, some day

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”