tipp-ex

Re: Senior Football Club Championship 2019

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:31 pm

Nemo v Duhallow tomorrow, on tg4.
Ill go for a Nemo win by a few points
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:58 pm

I think this could be a great final two sets of forwards who can score , along with the premier final you could have two great games ...nothing against Nemo great great club I would love to see Donncha O Connor and Aidan Walsh add a county senior football championship medal to there All-Ireland medal...Paul Kerrigan going for his 8th county medal tomorrow if he wins it he will have one more than his dad Jimmy unreal...Paul is my eyes an unsung hero of Cork and Nemo football.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:35 pm

Nemo doing what Nemo do best, blitzing teams. HT it's 2-6 to 0-2
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Another county for Nemo, 2-8 to 0-10
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:40 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Another county for Nemo, 2-8 to 0-10

Scored only 2 points in the 2nd half just like Duhallow in the 1st. Wind a mere zephyr but the city end umpires had a quiet day.
For Duhallow No 8 Paul Walsh merits a mention and the Nemo No 8 Alan O Donovan didn't do his intercounty prospects any harm
either. I'm amazed at how Paul Kerrigan has got himself into such athletic shape and he covered every inch of P.UI Rínn.
Sadly we have seen the last of Donncha O Connor at this level as he was withdrawn from battle with 10 minutes left having just
missed a close in free and almost immediately fumbled a handy pass. He owes us nothing. Thanks for the memories Donncha.
We will always remember your majestic point v Down in 2010 just before half time which brought us back into the game.
Can't talk about 2010 without mentioning the man wot won the thing for us with his free taking exploits. In today's pipe opener
Daniel Goulding dragged Eire Og over the line 'too also as well' with another 8 points, 5f, 1 45, and an absolute beauty late on when
his team were being overrun by St Michael's and just a point ahead. Class is permanent.
Nemo Ranger

Postby Nemo Ranger » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:07 pm

Another title for Nemo. Very proud of them. Wasn't vintage and they were poor in the second half but overall deserved it.

Paul O'Donovan has done a great job. He has a nice mix of youth and experience and it's working.

Young Briain Murphy is having a great year. Mark Cronin is getting better and better.
Kevin O'Donovan has come on leaps and bounds in the last year.
Young Barry Cripps and Ronan Dalton have gotten valuable game time.

Alan O'Donovan has to get a call from Cork next year.

Paul Kerrigan Barry O'Driscoll and Colin O'Brien has shown great veteran leadership.

I think they have a good shot at Munster and you never know after that.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Nemo 1-9, Newcastlewest 0-9. Nemo did just enough.
They play Austin Stacks next cause Crokes were well beaten in the county final today by Kerry East
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:02 pm

They've decided to fix it for the same time as the Éire Óg v Templenoe match. I'm sure I wasn't the only person considering going to both.

Saturday @ 1:30
Kilshannig v Na Gaeil (Mallow)

Sunday @ 1:30
Éire Óg v Templenoe (Ovens)
Nemo Rangers v Austin Stacks (Pairc Ui Rinn)
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Lurker wrote:They've decided to fix it for the same time as the Éire Óg v Templenoe match. I'm sure I wasn't the only person considering going to both.

Saturday @ 1:30
Kilshannig v Na Gaeil (Mallow)

Sunday @ 1:30
Éire Óg v Templenoe (Ovens)
Nemo Rangers v Austin Stacks (Pairc Ui Rinn)

Faith then begorrah Lurker, you are not alone there. I'm told that Eire Og insisted on a 'home' game which is their right.
Was also looking forward to the double header and a 1.30 and 3pm double in P UI Rinn with lights if necessary would have
been a nice end to the football season. I think now that Ovens will be more entertaining than the city venue, especially with
Sheehan v Morley a likely pairing.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:12 pm

I'm thinking the same, at least TG4 will have highlights of the Nemo match at the very least. Yes, Éire Óg were dead right to insist on every advantage possible. I'm fine with the different venues, just a shame they're on at the same time. O'Hanlon v Barry is an interesting pairing in Mallow too.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”