Cork Senior Hurling 2020

Lurker

Re: Cork Senior Hurling 2020

Postby Lurker » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:40 pm

Dorcha wrote:At least the county board are giving us value for money. I note that the hurling match is priced higher than the football match last week.
https://gaacork.ie/2020/01/27/3551/

Pretty sure the GAA set the prices for these - €10 is the standard price for NFL Division 3, the price for top division matches has increased (again) across the board.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:37 pm

This team appeared on PROC about quarter past eight. No sign of a team yet on the Official County Board Website.

The Cork team to play Tipperary in the National Hurling League on Saturday night is as follows:

1.Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
2.Colm Spillane (Castlelyons)
3.Robert Downey (Glen Rovers)
4.Sean O' Donoghue (Inniscarra)
5.Chris O' Leary (Valley Rovers)
6.Tim O' Mahony (Newtownshandrum)
7.Damein Cahalane (St Finbarrs)
8.Bill Cooper (Youghal)
9.Luke Meade (Newcestown)
10.Robbie O' Flynn (Erins Own)
11.Seamus Harnedyy (St Itas)
12.Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
13.Alan Cadogan (Douglas)
14.Declan Dalton (Fr O' Neills)
15.Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers) - Captain

16.Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
17.Niall O' Leary (Castlelyons)
18.Sean O' Leary-Hayes (Midleton)
19.Christopher Joyce (Na Piarsaigh)
20.Mark Coleman (Blarney)
21.Darragh Fitzgibbon (Charleville)
22.Shane Kingston (Douglas) 23.
Sean Twomey (Courcey Rovers)
24.Conor Lehane (Midleton)
25.Brian Turnbull (Douglas)
26. Michael O' Halloran (Blackrock)
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:11 pm

Good to see Spillane and Joyce back after horrible injuries. Delighted Collins and Dalton are getting a start. Hope the new lads do well and put pressure on a couple of guys who are on the bench,(Nash and Lehane) who seem to be going through the motions. Hoggie should be upping his game too, as captain he should be showing by example. Looking forward to seeing Cadogan. I'm pleased the management are sticking with Downey and OMahoney and also Walsh who I think brings a bit of strength to the HF line. I sincerely hope we put fast ball into the FF line so the corners can cause trouble from Dalton's breaking ball
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:33 pm

Thought Mellerick might have made the squad. Is he injured? Fair play to Joyce for the amount of work he put in to come back, but I can't see him reclaiming the no5 Jersey. Am surprised he's on the panel.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:36 pm

That's almost a championship team, good to see the likes of Dalton and Collins start, a bit of freshening up is needed after last week's flat display. Luke Meade won't do for me at MF though
cahirofcork

Postby cahirofcork » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:43 pm

Whatever about the 15 that are picked, I hope they are up for the battle, because whatever people may think about Tipp's attitude to the league after an All ireland, Sheedy will have them wound up to a pitch after last weeks second half performance, to say nothing of the fact it's us they are playing against,
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:45 pm

The Tipperary team -

1 Brian Hogan – Lorrha-Dorrha
2 Cathal Barrett – Holycross-Ballycahill
3 Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
4 Seán O’Brien – Newport
5 Séamus Kennedy – St. Mary’s
6 Padraic Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
7 Paddy Cadell – JK Brackens
8 Alan Flynn – Kiladangan
9 Willie Connors – Kiladangan
10 John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
11 Cian Darcy – Kilruane MacDonaghs
12 Michael Breen – Ballina
13 Mark Kehoe – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
14 Jason Forde – Silvermines
15 Jake Morris – Nenagh Éire Óg

16 Daragh Mooney – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
17 Jerome Cahill – Kilruane MacDonaghs
18 Séamus Callanan (Capt.) – Drom-Inch
19 Paul Flynn – Kiladangan
20 Brian McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
21 Jamie Moloney – Drom-Inch
22 Craig Morgan – Kilruane MacDonaghs
23 Joe O’Dwyer – Killenaule
24 Bryan O’Mara – Holycross-Ballycahill
25 Niall O’Meara – Kilruane MacDonaghs
26 Dillon Quirke – Clonoulty-Rossmore
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:46 pm

tipp-ex wrote:That's almost a championship team, good to see the likes of Dalton and Collins start, a bit of freshening up is needed after last week's flat display. Luke Meade won't do for me at MF though

Agreed re Meade. Doesn't inspire me with confidence at all. (prob end up with 1.4 tomorrow night now :roll:)
I hope they use the bench better this week. No point putting lads on in extra time expecting em to save the game like O'Flynn last Sunday.
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:27 am

Unfortunately if this is the way we're going, I don't see too much success in front of us for the
next couple of years...
TOM is not a natural back...The people in Newton will tell you that time and time again...He has
played all his club and Cork underage hurling as a forward. It's just not fair on the lad.
I believe we need to be much more radical in our thinking..We ain't go to win an AI in the
next 3-5 years, so therefore, we need to blood the new fellas now..Perhaps they'll get hammerings along the way, but
eventually they will come through for us. From what I've seen so far, its same old, same old.
It reminds me of Cork Football, where twas harder to get off the team than get on!!! I will never critisise individual
players, however, there are least 6 players that are not I.C standard..They wouldn't get near a Tip, Lim or KK panel.
Obviously, I would hope to be proved wrong come August, but we'll be lucky to get out of Munster..In fact if we
do, I would consider it bonus territory.
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:01 am

Meade is presumably the third choice midfielder with Fitz preffered at 11 and ToM at 6. We seem a little short at that position but I suppose you could argue we have a number of players that can, on paper, play midfield sprinkled throughout the squad.

Hopefully Meade will hit some form as he has the long range accuracy and playmaking we badly need with a windy ff line. Unfortunately he lacks the physicality to consistently impact on the game.
Last edited by Turenne on Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”