Cork Senior Hurling 2020

stfrancis

Re: Cork Senior Hurling 2020

Postby stfrancis » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Who is the coach? Is it Cunningham? What role does Christy o Connor have? It’s a very light set up imo, Kingston and sully were there before, cunnningham there before......same mistakes being made as before imo.... league treated as something to be done, same players who have been found out in the heat of battle still involved, still messing with the spine of the team
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:15 am

Fair point, who is the coach? Early in this management we heard Corcoran and Mulcahy would be involved in some capacity. Then Corcoran's role was diluted to occasional visits to the camp(which I haven't heard about from any player). Mulcahy definitely isn't involved at all. Hopefully Cunningham will have some influence on the keepers, Rock from his actions probably hasn't the composure to make any rational decisions (despite hearing his remedies when he was PP ambassador). I ask the question have we anyone on the sideline to make harsh decisions like making a change before ht?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:12 pm

The black jersey is €70. That's quite steep I would have thought
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:07 am

tipp-ex wrote:The black jersey is €70. That's quite steep I would have thought

It's the standard price for a county jersey but, yes, expensive. You can get it a bit cheaper in the UK! - https://www.corkbeo.ie/sport/gaa/you-ca ... w-17810145
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:28 pm

The Cork Hurling Team to play Galway in the National Hurling League has been announced.

1. Anthony Nash Kanturk
2. Niall O’ Leary Castlelyons
3. Eoin Cadogan Douglas
4. Colm Spillane Castlelyons
5. Bill Cooper Youghal
6. Robert Downey Glen Rovers
7. Sean O’ Leary-Hayes Midleton
8. Mark Coleman Blarney
9. Darragh Fitzgibbon Charleville
10. Robbie O’ Flynn Erins Own
11. Seamus Harnedy St. Itas
12. Aidan Walsh Kanturk
13. Conor Lehane Midleton
14. Shane Kingston Douglas
15. Patrick Horgan Glen Rovers
16. Patrick Collins Ballinhassig
17. Chris O’ Leary Valley Rovers
18. Christopher Joyce Na Piarsaigh
19. Tim O’ Mahony Newtownshandrum
20. Luke Meade Newcestown
21. Conor Cahalane St. Finbarrs
22. Michael Cahalane Bandon
23. Declan Dalton Fr. O’ Neills
24. Michael O’ Halloran Blackrock
25. Jack O’ Connor Sarsfields
26. Shane O’ Regan Watergrasshill
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Bill Cooper Wing back? Lehane back in?
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Just don't understand all the experimenting with players in different positions. I know people will say that's what the league is for, and I'd get it if we were trying out new players...but not when you don't have a settled team in the first place and not when its just moving around long-established deckchairs.

Sill no sign of a preferred fullback, centre back, centre field. Guaranteed we go into May with pretty much the same team as last year and the year before. And it wasn't near good enough then, and won't be near good enough this year.
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:14 pm

Sinbin wrote:Just don't understand all the experimenting with players in different positions. I know people will say that's what the league is for, and I'd get it if we were trying out new players...but not when you don't have a settled team in the first place and not when its just moving around long-established deckchairs.

Sill no sign of a preferred fullback, centre back, centre field. Guaranteed we go into May with pretty much the same team as last year and the year before. And it wasn't near good enough then, and won't be near good enough this year.

Spot on with the deck chairs comment. I think OLH will be better suited to WB. What's up with D Calahane, is his suspension not over? No A Cadogan on panel again, how's his injury? Potentially a wild, windy wet day in Salthill... Do we have the stomach for it?
Breakin_ball

Postby Breakin_ball » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:17 pm

This game will be touch and go to go ahead. Although the forecast for Sunday isn't bad, the 24 hours before it is septic.
Even if it does, it's going to be VERY windy
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:46 pm

Matty Hislop wrote:
Sinbin wrote:Just don't understand all the experimenting with players in different positions. I know people will say that's what the league is for, and I'd get it if we were trying out new players...but not when you don't have a settled team in the first place and not when its just moving around long-established deckchairs.

Spot on with the deck chairs comment. I think OLH will be better suited to WB. What's up with D Calahane, is his suspension not over? No A Cadogan on panel again, how's his injury? Potentially a wild, windy wet day in Salthill... Do we have the stomach for it?

Nearly every day in Salthill is wild, wet & windy! Stomach for it...questionable!

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”