Rebel Og

Turenne

Re: Rebel Og

Postby Turenne » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:44 am

What is up on proc looks good, can't see why anyone would have a problem other than divisions losing 'power'.
Cork Bhoy

Postby Cork Bhoy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:38 am

A lot of clubs had problems with travel. Like how can clubs like Kinsale Courceys Kinsale Macroom be considered for the East Region. A lot of travel cost for parents. My own club had to travel from east cork to Agihnagh on a weekday for a game at 6-30. If they are planning set dates. They must consider smaller clubs who use players from all ages to fill teams ie U-14 team needing U-12 boys to fill teams
Corkhurlinglove

Postby Corkhurlinglove » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:58 am

I heard Brian Dillons and Whites Cross have joined together for Fe16 hurling and football.
Cork Bhoy

Postby Cork Bhoy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 am

No wonder Cork hurling is going backwards. I know of 2 clubs who wanted to play prem 2 Hurling @ U -16 level and were told no. They are now playing in de A grade. It'ss no wonder we are light years behind.
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:58 am

Cork Bhoy wrote:No wonder Cork hurling is going backwards. I know of 2 clubs who wanted to play prem 2 Hurling @ U -16 level and were told no. They are now playing in de A grade. It'ss no wonder we are light years behind.

What grade did they play at U-15/U-14? How did they do?
Cork Bhoy

Postby Cork Bhoy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:06 am

One club won U-15A county last year. The other club beaten in U-14 A county final 2 years ago. Didn't play U-15last year. Makes you wonder.
Cork Bhoy

Postby Cork Bhoy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:48 am

Yet another shambles made by Rebel Og. These so called soft -borders to help cut travel distance. Watergrasshill Castlelyons Bride Rovers. St.Vincents all have individual teams put into the North region. So numbers could be made up. These teams will have to travel to places like Millstreet. Charleville. Kanturk Ballyhea. All at least an hours travel time. All done without notifying the clubs. How can a club be considered East for one age & North for another. Jokeshop
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 pm

What's going on with fixtures? Somebody said there's war at u14 due to gradings? It was always gonna end up this way when they decided to go with 8 team league groupings from the start.
Cork Bhoy

Postby Cork Bhoy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Typical of Cork Gaa. It's a case of F##K de clubs
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:21 pm

In under 16 soccer, you have teams from Coach Ford, Youghal, Kinsale, Little Island, Fermoy and Macroom in the same division. In under 16 Rugby you have teams from Killorglin, Bruff, Cobh, Waterford and the West Kerry Gaeltacht in the same competition. I know those involved in under 16 athletics frequently travel all over the province and the country for meets. These parents have been doing all this traveling for years. Isn't it amazing that these sports survive at all given, I assume the desperate amount of complaining those parents must be doing. We are the GAA though and we do things differently, the divisional structure that was set up 100 + years ago is as relevant as it ever was. There has after all been no changes in society-in transportation or communication technology in that time. It is also obvious that the 5 teams best equipped to provide your team with competitive games must always be the closest. Doesn't Frank not know any of this? I assumed in lived in the same cave as...

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”