Rebel Og

topoftheright

Re: Rebel Og

Postby topoftheright » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Kilkenny beat Tipperary in the Final of the Under16A by 4 or 5 points.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:34 pm

Tipp beat Galway in the Tony Forrestal A final
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:11 pm

I was in Brinny for most of the U15 tournament

The results were as follows

Group A
Cork 5-10, Limerick 2-10
Cork 1-8, Tipp 1-7
Tipperary 0-12, Limerick 0-12
Cork topped the group followed by Tipp on points difference. Limerick were unlucky to go home early, not a bad team at all

Group B
Waterford 3-10, Clare 1-6
Galway 1-12, Clare 0-8
Galway 0-13, Waterford 1-8
Galway topped the group, followed by Waterford with a poor enough Clare team being the first team to go home.

Plate Final - Tipp 2-9, Waterford 1-6. Tipperary had one stand out player i thought - Paddy Creedon from Durlas Óg

Final - Cork 4-13, Galway 3-3

I only got to see one Cork game as i was otherwise engaged at the venue and didnt see any of the final. The Cork V Tipp game. Very tight affair. Its hard to judge a team on one short game but i thought the Cork team were nice skillful hurlers, god stickwork with a few big lads mixed in. High catching wasnt a big feature of any team i saw. Luke Horgan from Glen Rovers has a big hand out around the middle alright. Others to impress me were both Cian McCarthys (Rockies and Olive Plunketts), Darragh Flynn (Ballygiblin) who was good on the frees, Jack Cahalane, brother of Damien was dangerous and Daire O'Leary at full forward was a big agressive player. Tom Kenny was among others on the line.
I looked at the Forrestal results from last year that Cork won and it seemed they got better as the tournament went on and it was the same this time - the scoreline V Galway, who were expected to put it up to Cork in the final, suggested a hammering and a team on form.

Definately a team to keep an eye on as they have won everything so far.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”