Cork Ladies Football

User avatar
Dorcha
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Cork Ladies Football

Postby Dorcha » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Cork 2-21; Tyrone 0-3

Cork finally get a win in the league after loosing the opening rounds to Mayo and Kerry. Well done to them. The Cork hurlers and footballers should read “Relentless”. Perhaps that would bring it home to them that nothing can be achieved without hard work, on and off the field.

For a report: http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/ladies/2016/0214/767976-third-time-lucky-as-rebels-get-their-first-win/
User avatar
tipp-ex
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:27 am

Dorcha wrote:Cork 2-21; Tyrone 0-3

Cork finally get a win in the league after loosing the opening rounds to Mayo and Kerry. Well done to them. The Cork hurlers and footballers should read “Relentless”. Perhaps that would bring it home to them that nothing can be achieved without hard work, on and off the field.

For a report: http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/ladies/2016/0214/767976-third-time-lucky-as-rebels-get-their-first-win/


What's your point?
User avatar
Dorcha
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby Dorcha » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:04 pm

tipp-ex wrote:
Dorcha wrote:Cork 2-21; Tyrone 0-3

Cork finally get a win in the league after loosing the opening rounds to Mayo and Kerry. Well done to them. The Cork hurlers and footballers should read “Relentless”. Perhaps that would bring it home to them that nothing can be achieved without hard work, on and off the field.

For a report: http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/ladies/2016/0214/767976-third-time-lucky-as-rebels-get-their-first-win/


What's your point?


My point is I'm glad the Ladies' footballers got their first win in this year's league. They are a part of Cork and should have their own thread on here. Don't you agree?
User avatar
tipp-ex
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:20 pm

Dorcha wrote:
tipp-ex wrote:
Dorcha wrote:Cork 2-21; Tyrone 0-3

Cork finally get a win in the league after loosing the opening rounds to Mayo and Kerry. Well done to them. The Cork hurlers and footballers should read “Relentless”. Perhaps that would bring it home to them that nothing can be achieved without hard work, on and off the field.

For a report: http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/ladies/2016/0214/767976-third-time-lucky-as-rebels-get-their-first-win/


What's your point?


My point is I'm glad the Ladies' footballers got their first win in this year's league. They are a part of Cork and should have their own thread on here. Don't you agree?


Absolutely Dorcha. Sorry lad. I misread the intention of the post. Hope they push on under Ephie Fitz
User avatar
Dorcha
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby Dorcha » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:49 pm

LIDL Ladies National football League.

Dublin 3-10 (19) Cork 1-13 (16)

Cork suffered their third defeat in the league today, going down by 3 points.
RebelRising
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:55 am

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby RebelRising » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Dublin scored 5 points in succession from Corks kick outs...Goldrick dominated from wing back and was let run free without any one picking her up. Also side line looked very average and were at a loss to do anything. The subs had a training session at half time which I was confused about while the remaining team went to the dressing room ....change is a process not an event :?
User avatar
Dorcha
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby Dorcha » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:43 pm

LADIES GAELIC FOOTBALL LEAGUE ROUND 5

Cork 5-17 Monaghan 1-3

Cork keep their league hopes alive with a good win over Monaghan.
User avatar
Dorcha
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby Dorcha » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Valrie Mulcahy has announced her retirement from inter-county football.

http://www.newstalk.com/Tentime-AllIreland-winner-Valerie-Mulcahy-calls-it-a-day
donal66
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby donal66 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:03 pm

a true rebelette legend ...........
User avatar
Podsy
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:07 am

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby Podsy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:47 pm

One of Cork GAA's immortals. Incredible athlete and role model.

The very best wishes to her.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Junior C footballer and 5 guests