Cork Ladies Football

donal66

Re: Cork Ladies Football

Postby donal66 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:19 am

Breige Corkery badly missed
RebelRising

Postby RebelRising » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:21 am

Well this was waiting to happen with the current team...agree midfield a huge loss without corkery....think a few a been carried in this team...coppinger, farmer, o shea, cotter, duggan, meaney not a 6.

Did well to stay in the game, but serious decline in pace in last quarter and very narrow in their play.
The striking thing for me was taking a player off and reintroducing her sends an awful message to the girls on bench been developed. I think he may have lost the dressing room right there.

A bit of building to do looking further a field in the county needed with a plan over 5yrs to include fixing the decline at under age as well.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 am

Ladies Football semi-final

Mayo 3-11 Cork 0-18

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0902/901791-mayo-beat-cork/

While the goals did it, I felt Cork took too much out of the ball at times, running into unnecessary trouble through over passing instead of taking on the shot when the chance presented itself.

In fairness Cora Staunton showed how to do it by shooting on sight and not thinking twice about it.

With this particular monkey off their backs, I expect Cork to learn from this defeat today and come back stronger next season.

I hope Mayo go on to win it now. Like their male counterparts, it must have been frustrating at times over the past few years to be so close with no reward.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”