Other GAA

Podsy

Re: Other GAA

Postby Podsy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:18 am

Mighty stuff, lads!
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am

Happy New Year all. Let's hope 2018 is a fruitful one for Cork on and off the pitch (and that Frank's retirement party is sold out from the end of February).

My main predictions for the year are that:-

Ciaran Sheehan's wife will be seen in Australia in May buying a red tshirt for him for his birthday and word will spread like wildfire on the PROC that he is coming back to join the squad before the Munster final. The Kerry lads will be torn between reminding everyone that it didn't work out for Tommy Walsh and desperately trying to dig up the remains of the wild Colonial Boy to mark him if he comes on. Darragh will write in the Irish times that it is a work of genius digging him up to join some of the other relics on their bench as it will help toughen up the young fellas in training. Jack O'Connor will write an article in the Kerryman saying that the county board are to be admired for paying Jack Duggan to play but will appear on weeshie a few days later to clarify that he meant that they were helping him with his airfare and with landing a job in Paidis pub.

John Meyler will give an interview to the southern star after Cork's first league game confirming that he has always greatly admired the coaching philosophy of Tough Barry and that he has cut three players from the squad because they opened the dressing room door instead of running straight through it. Bob Ryan will be seen frantically unscrewing the dressing room door from its hinges before Corks next home game (overseen by the loan officer from the bank). Bob will explain that Ger Lane has assured him that the door is a world class door and will also be used for the set dancing at Frank's retirement party (after it has been blessed by the bishop after he has lobbed a bowl over the roof of the new stand).

Ranty's Morris Minor will finally give up the ghost and retire from intercounty duty. An almighty row will break out about whether the proceeds from its testimonial dinner should be spent on a new Land Rover with heated seats and a Bose sound system to better listen to Paudie Palmer or should be donated to the many publicans on the highways and bye ways of ireland whose support and 'refuelling' down through the years really made it the Morris Minor it became. Eddie Keher will be asked for his opinion on the matter while Pat Spillane will bemoan the fact that the day of the small skilful little car is over and Schtar will say (in the same edition of the Examiner) that he thinks that big cars get targeted more in speed checks. Eamonn fitzmaurice (in the same edition of the examiner) will write about the fuel consumption of both cars (adjusted for weight and wind factors) while Micheál Quirke will say (in the same edition of the Examiner)that whatever car Ranty buys, as long as it has a Kerry reg it can do no wrong.
leesider

Postby leesider » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Lots of praise for the Mick O Dywer documentary that was on the box last night. He came across as quite arrogant and full of himself I thought. Then again we already knew that.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Thought he was dead. Thank God, I missed it. I suffer from Kerry overdose as it is. The annoying thing is that all those years he was patronisingly saying that Cork were the second best football team in Ireland, he was telling nothing less than the truth, whatever he might have thought himself.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:05 am

Dorcha wrote:Thought he was dead. Thank God, I missed it. I suffer from Kerry overdose as it is. The annoying thing is that all those years he was patronisingly saying that Cork were the second best football team in Ireland, he was telling nothing less than the truth, whatever he might have thought himself.

He couldn't 'lie' straight in the bed. :lol: :lol:
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:41 am

leesider wrote:Lots of praise for the Mick O Dywer documentary that was on the box last night. He came across as quite arrogant and full of himself I thought. Then again we already knew that.

Had to laugh at Micheál Martin tweeting his praise for the documentary and saying that Micko remains so 'humble'. :D What was he watching?!

That said, I enjoyed the programme too. Some GAA man in fairness.
Maurice Banks

Postby Maurice Banks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:05 am

While beating Kerry, however rarely it happens , is to be celebrated I can't but respect Mick O' Dwyer. He is a legend of Gaelic football. Great programme.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:25 pm

David Clifford starts for Kerry seniors tomorrow, staright into the team. The Aussie Rules being kept at bay
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Is there a rule that specifies the size or make of the TEE used for football kick outs.?
Does the tee have to be approved by the GAA in some way?
Can a keeper bring his own manufacture and as high as he wants it?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:50 pm

AI club semi final Na Piarsaigh 3-15 Slaughtneil 3-8, NP were down to 13

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”