Other GAA

Dorcha

Other GAA

Postby Dorcha » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Interesting league semi-finals over the weekend.

Limerick put up a good fight, but Waterford simply wear teams down.

I really enjoyed the second one. It's not often you witness Kilkenny getting murdered and when it happens, it's something to savour. I know Dublin destroyed them in a league final a few years ago and they came back and won the All-Ireland. They'll have to get a few hammerings in a row before they start to crack. Their next big match will probably be either Galway of Dublin in the Leinster semi-final.

Davy had to have his moan.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/hurling/davy-fitzgerald-claims-clare-disrespected-in-build-up-393579.html
greatbleddyman

Re: Other GAA

Postby greatbleddyman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Donal Og could provide a good template for Clare.

A team based on successful U-21 team has a premature success, then disappears for two or three year. If they can follow the template they can have 4 very good years before ..............well lets say that might be the time to stop following the template at that stage.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:34 pm

You have to say Clare were impressive yesterday. They really stood up to Kilkenny physically. TJ Reid was good too.
Podsy

Postby Podsy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Also very impressed with D'Banner. Hooking and blocking very noticeable, positioning good, teamwork excellent. And the skills are tremendous.

My Clare friends are delighted with Cusack and Kinnerk.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Serious stuff from Dublin. The GAA have a serious problem in their hands now. They will obliterate everything in their path going forward. Who the fuck is gonna beat them? They have the pick of one third of our population
Corcaigh Abú

Postby Corcaigh Abú » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:16 pm

The GAA have created a monster. It all started off with that Dublin thief and traitor Ahern diverting millions of taxpayers money to Dublin via the Irish Sports Council ( I suppose we were lucky he didn't give it to his other love - ManYoo). GAA hopped on board then giving them more in capital grants than the other 31 combined, building them a training complex in Abbotstown, pumping millions more into their pet project of Dublin hurling (let it die everywhere else as long as they can get Dubs playing it) ect. On top of every financial,logistical, population and infrastucture advantage that they already enjoy, the GAA collaborates with crooked Dublin politicians to financially dope the Dubs up to save them from the 'foreign games' that they must think are not played outside of Dubland. Wait until they start dominating in hurling too, we'll be cheering on Kerry and Kilkenny as the only ones to stop them now and again.
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:02 pm

I didn't see any invincible team out there today. I saw one team which was a lot fitter and more mobile than another, but I also saw that team kick away a lot of ball. They were one point up with not long to go. O'mahony's sending off allowed them to showboat and coast home. They are good when given space and time, very good. But they didn't like the high ball in (Donaghy was pushed once and pulled down once) . They will be able to coast through Leinster and I fancy us to surprise them in the semi final, having disposed of eamonn Fitz along the way. ;)
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Wouldn't argue too much with that 'Dhá Lámh' but felt the Dubs were not at full stretch. There was at least another gear
in them if they needed it. They were toying with Kerry most of the time.
I'm not into the egg ball game but I can see the Irish manager offering the Goooch a trial at outhalf.
He gave a "hand pass" to skippy O Sullivan today while falling that reminded me of Ollie Campbell at his best.
In fact the modern hand pass is simply a throw in disguise and the rule is a joke.
Didn't see what Macho Man did to the other Cooper but it seems like he made it count anyway as Cooper was
fairly distressed after a long knockout, Was he up at the count of eight?
Also strange to see Sheehan wanting to continue the fight after the final whistle. Players normally shake hands and
let byegones be byegones. Didn't do anything for Kerry's fading reputation as good losers.
People complaining about the money and resources spent on the Dubs should be aware that similar amounts and more are
spent on this Kerry football team. Today's hammering will keep them quiet for a week or two but won't end their belief
that they are the best and all others are imposters.
Corcaigh Abú

Postby Corcaigh Abú » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Ranty, if you think that I'm advocating for the Animals you're barking up the wrong tree. Watching that match today and and deciding on who I'd prefer to see winning was like deciding on whether I'd prefer a kick in the balls to a punch in the nose.But it's 31 counties that are being cheated by the financial doping of the Dubs -aided and abetted by the GAA and De Bert. This Dublin thing, like the hellhole itself, is getting out of control.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:51 pm

I dont care about the money that was spent on Dublin, that was well worth it and the GAA were on the ball. Donal Óg giving out about 50 GDA's in Dublin. He was wrong. It should be 200. And we in Cork by ratio should have the 50.
The GAA have done a great job in Dublin, really turning around a largely soccer city (with southside rugby) into a GAA city. Its a no brainer. I wish them all the success from a purely population point of view.
But as was pointed out above, we have gone beyond the point of no return now. Hammering Kerry. Unbeaten in 2 years or so. Expect the talks of splitting the Dubs up into 2 to resurface.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”