jbm1 wrote:My last post on this:
1) The Dublin team do not get their meals delivered to them..This is refuted time and time again
2) One could argue that the Kerry of the Noughties won their AIs' by default also, as they only bate Mayo & Cork in the finals..The greatest underachievers of them all
3) Its not Croke Park who should be sorting out Limerick or Cork..Its their County Boards...One also could argue that JP is bankrolling Limerick, like AIG in Dublin
4) Sometimes the sum of the parts are as successful as the one or two marquee players suggested in ye're previous posts
5) I'm letting this go now..Honestly, I really dont care about Dublin. All I want is Cork to be competing in both codes and winning..Let the rest of the other 30 counties worry about their houses!!!
1/ Jim Gavin says a lot of auld guff. Was he tilting his head to the left when he denied the meals being delivered? (a giveaway tic pointed out by David Brady of when he is lying)
2/ Don't think anybody is denying they are a good team
3/ For the umpteenth time, nobody is blaming Dublin for any ills befalling any other county. Dublin are being blamed for financial doping - cheating - aided and abetted by Croke Park (amongst others). There's more than AIG bankrolling Dublin - we (the general GAA member/supporter) and we ( the taxpayers) are also bankrolling them over and above anyone else (remember what 'per capita' means)
4/ Point was that Dublin are winning again and again without all time greats ( Cluxton aside), no county has ever had their strength in depth and they wouldn't miss 2 or -3 or even 5 or 6 of their first choice missing, unlike any other county. They could filed numerous teams who would beat anyone except maybe Mayo or Kerry. Not a 'cycle' but the result of years of financial doping.
5/ Alas, this issue will rear it's head for a long,long time yet.