Other GAA

Lurker

Re: Other GAA

Postby Lurker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 am

jbm1 wrote:My last post on this:

1) The Dublin team do not get their meals delivered to them..This is refuted time and time again
2) One could argue that the Kerry of the Noughties won their AIs' by default also, as they only bate Mayo & Cork in the finals..The greatest underachievers of them all
3) Its not Croke Park who should be sorting out Limerick or Cork..Its their County Boards...One also could argue that JP is bankrolling Limerick, like AIG in Dublin
4) Sometimes the sum of the parts are as successful as the one or two marquee players suggested in ye're previous posts
5) I'm letting this go now..Honestly, I really dont care about Dublin. All I want is Cork to be competing in both codes and winning..Let the rest of the other 30 counties worry about their houses!!!

Well said, JBM.
Corcaigh Abú

Postby Corcaigh Abú » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:43 pm

1) The Dublin team do not get their meals delivered to them..This is refuted time and time again
2) One could argue that the Kerry of the Noughties won their AIs' by default also, as they only bate Mayo & Cork in the finals..The greatest underachievers of them all
3) Its not Croke Park who should be sorting out Limerick or Cork..Its their County Boards...One also could argue that JP is bankrolling Limerick, like AIG in Dublin
4) Sometimes the sum of the parts are as successful as the one or two marquee players suggested in ye're previous posts
5) I'm letting this go now..Honestly, I really dont care about Dublin. All I want is Cork to be competing in both codes and winning..Let the rest of the other 30 counties worry about their houses!!!

1/ Jim Gavin says a lot of auld guff. Was he tilting his head to the left when he denied the meals being delivered? (a giveaway tic pointed out by David Brady of when he is lying)
2/ Don't think anybody is denying they are a good team
3/ For the umpteenth time, nobody is blaming Dublin for any ills befalling any other county. Dublin are being blamed for financial doping - cheating - aided and abetted by Croke Park (amongst others). There's more than AIG bankrolling Dublin - we (the general GAA member/supporter) and we ( the taxpayers) are also bankrolling them over and above anyone else (remember what 'per capita' means)
4/ Point was that Dublin are winning again and again without all time greats ( Cluxton aside), no county has ever had their strength in depth and they wouldn't miss 2 or -3 or even 5 or 6 of their first choice missing, unlike any other county. They could filed numerous teams who would beat anyone except maybe Mayo or Kerry. Not a 'cycle' but the result of years of financial doping.
5/ Alas, this issue will rear it's head for a long,long time yet.
leesider

Postby leesider » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Jim Gavin talks an unreal amount of guff. He has gone on record as saying that the mammoth funding Dublin receive shouId not be reduced. He has also gone on record as saying that the funding they have received has not helped them win any of the All-Ireland's. If that's the case then they don't need the money so they shouldn't object if it is cut.
The man is a complete tosser.
donal66

Postby donal66 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:27 pm

jez lads get a life ......
exile67

Postby exile67 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:29 am

Nobody is saying that Dublin isn't a good team but it is a team that is supported in ways not seen before in the GAA. One populist solution put forward is that Dublin should be split into two. No one ever suggested that Kerry be split into two in the 1970s and 1980s nor Kilkenny over the past ten years and quite rightly so and it should not and never will apply to Dublin either. But the GAA will not thrive if one team and county is allowed be spoilt beyond compare and all of July and August are turned over to a "Super 8" competition designed to fill Sky's soccer off-season.

Finally, in the ultimate yerra, Darragh O'Se said that the Dublin and Mayo sides from last Sunday are the finest of the last 30 years. If he says that, I'll say that the Tyrone team of the 2005 final would put half-a-dozen points into either of 'em.
danny boy

Postby danny boy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:13 pm

They do get some meals delivered.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:44 pm

danny boy wrote:

They do get some meals delivered.

Or even SOME of them have SOME meals delivered. I know of one but there are probably others.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:25 am

Frank surely lining up a passionate speech at todays Special Congress before he heads off into the background, I mean the sunset?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Round Robin in Munster and Leinster for the next 3 years

Edit - WOW. Relegation in the Munster championship if Kerry win the tier two championship. WOW
stfrancis

Postby stfrancis » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:10 pm

Fucking joke shop driven by 2 fuckers from Cavan and Monaghan and a fella from roscommon who should have stuck to teaching. ......relegation from Munster championship. . Kerry and the tier 2 teams are and will never be good for top level hurling

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”