Other GAA

Corcaigh Abú

Re: Other GAA

Postby Corcaigh Abú » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am

tipp-ex wrote:Speaking of another quiet Kerryman - I hope ye all watched Gooch on the Late Late show last night. He's a busy man

Didn't see the Late Late but heard The Perineum plugging his book on a couple of radio stations. I know now that he is having his testimonial dinners only to forge a breakthrough for other GAA players to do likewise and he is pioneering this new departure for them. The quarter of a million yoyos he is trousering is completely incidental to this brave crusade. Also repeatedly trotted out the 'big bad Nordies desecrated the altar of pure football (i.e. Kerry)' line that has been added to and become a staple of the usual horseshit from our dear neighbours. No wonder he has a column in the Examiner now.
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:23 pm

The nordies do not play puke football any more. They are just fairly shite these days so style is irrelevant. Mayo is only poor wind-swept, isolated, immigration ravaged county like themselves so there'll be no dig at them.

The problem these days is these Dubs getting their meals delivered. Completely unfair given the hours James O'Donoghue, Paul Geaney etc also spend creaming butter and tinning turnips just so the poor cratureens can get a bite to ate before the slog at training.. How will they ever compete again??
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:23 am

"On a serious note, Joe actually sent me a text this week to say sorry about all the fuss and he wishes there wasn't the reaction that there was and that it's gone overboard and he's apologising for it.
"He's obviously changed his tune and he fully respects that I'm fully entitled to have a testimonial night if I want.
"There's players, dinner dances, speaking after events, there are brand ambassadors, there are players doing launches all the time. Unfortunately for the GAA, there are players earning money so if that's the argument I don't really get it.
"It's going to be a great night. We have over 450 people confirmed. There are people coming from America and the UK. It's going to be a successful night and it could be the first of many. Who knows, this could be a new trend.
"Whether you're for or against it, it's going to be a celebration of sport. I'm delighted with my career and I'm honoured to be having it."

Reacting to Cooper's response, Brolly said that he has never apologised to Cooper for his criticism and that he stands by what he said.
"I didn't apologise to Colm for anything I said," tweeted Brolly.
"I stand by every word. I said I didn't intend him to be demonised as a result.
"This is a serious principled debate. I said face to face to Colm he was wrong in doing this. I stand by that absolutely."

Will the Gooch ever stop diving?
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:58 pm

leesider

Postby leesider » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Turenne wrote:Utterly hilarious article.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/ ... 61204.html

I seem to remember the animals across the border getting rid of their kitman in a similar manner years ago.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Leinster club IFC result: O Connells (Louth) 2-10, Kilbride (Carlow) 1-8.

What's so big about this says you? Well, O Connells finished with 9 players, Kilbride finished with 11.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:36 pm

tipp-ex wrote:Leinster club IFC result: O Connells (Louth) 2-10, Kilbride (Carlow) 1-8.

What's so big about this says you? Well, O Connells finished with 9 players, Kilbride finished with 11.

No doubt Kilbride will question the bravery of at least two players. :D

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”