cahirofcork

Re: Other GAA

Postby cahirofcork » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:29 pm

86 final is on youtube, quality not great but watchable
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:56 pm

Im putting this here as I cant find the original posts

I was snooping around on the O'Neills GAA Cork page and I notice some stuff reduced by 20%, for example the black jersey is down from €70 to €56 if anyone is interested
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:43 am

Youd be wondering when this will all end and we can get back to playing. Total madness
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:40 pm

Also, if anybody wants to feel any worse than they already are, they can tune into 103fm tomorrow afternoon to hear Bob Ryan spout absolute shit about himself and his "role" in Cork GAA the past few years. The man that simply will not go away
DowchaBhoy!

Postby DowchaBhoy! » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:51 am

Careful now or it will be *** ****
leesider

Postby leesider » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:34 pm

This isn't strictly "Other GAA" cause it's about a Cork footballer (well, a Cork footballer from Kildare). Has anyone listened to the Larry Tompkins podcast that the Examiner did? I suppose with all the free time people have recently surely a lot ye have. I actually bookmarked it ages ago but only got around to listening to it now. Fascinating stuff, I highly recommend it

https://soundcloud.com/irish-examiner-sport/the-larry-tompkins-story-part-1-the-madness-the-passion-and-the-need-to-win

https://soundcloud.com/irish-examiner-sport/the-tompkins-story-part-2-go-back-to-kildare-youre-useless
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks for the links, leesider. Utterly fascinating stuff. I always thought Larry was a great player, but I never knew just how special he was.
leesider

Postby leesider » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:30 pm

Dorcha wrote:Thanks for the links, leesider. Utterly fascinating stuff. I always thought Larry was a great player, but I never knew just how special he was.

His level of commitment was something unreal. He'd think nothing of training for two hours (probably without a break). Hard as nails as well.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:48 pm

Thanks for that Leesider. He was a remarkable athlete.

Here's an interesting little time waster/pass time or whatever you like to call it. A friend of mine recently ( A Mayo Man) has
posed this question to all GAA people in his phone book. It will take some time and digging into the archives ( for oldies like me)

Pick the best senior football team of your lifetime or earlier but you can only select ONE player from each of the 15 counties.
This is far more difficult than it seems at first glance. It took me a week and even then I doubt if anybody will agree with my team.
Will post my team here in a day or two. Get cracking now, and remember, only one player from each county and placed in their
regular positions.
exile67

Postby exile67 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:05 pm

A quick and dirty (i.e. the No. 2 shirt) selection (based on following football since the late-1980s):

S. Cluxton (Dublin)

T. O'Sullivan (Kerry)
C. Deegan (Down)
K. Higgins (Mayo)

G. Ryan (Kildare)
K. McGeeney (Armagh)
M. O'Connell (Meath)

A. Tohill (Derry)
S. Cavanagh (Tyrone)

L. Tompkins (Cork)
E. O'Hara (Sligo)
P. Joyce (Galway)