Other GAA

tipp-ex

Re: Other GAA

Postby tipp-ex » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Liam Sheedy returning to Tipp job?
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:16 am

Possibly. Not confirmed yet, though, according to Premier View.
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Sheedy has a lucrative gig with the Sunday game as well as another one consulting for the Antrim hurlers. It'll be a tough one to give up those numbers.

Similarly James Horan with Mayo if he was to go back there. That Sky Sports gig would pay well I'd imagine.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 pm

I was reading an article in De Paper today about history student Dublized, Stan Zamyatin’s explanation of GAA county colours, how they came to be and what they signify.

Of Cork he says, “Cork used to play in Blue and Yellow which was quite similar to what Tipperary wear now (Wrong! We all saw what those jerseys were like a couple of years ago when Cork wore them against Kilkenny in a league match.)

He goes on, “They were on their way to play a match sometime during the War of Independence and some British soldiers caught them with those jerseys for what was an illegal game. So they just took them off them. When they got to the pitch, they were given some red jerseys to play in.”(Wrong, wrong, wrong. Where is this Dub getting his information from? He should ask Donal O’Grady or ask TG4 for a copy of the program “The Blood and Bandage” where Donal explains everything in a clear enough manner for even a blow-in Dub to understand. If this character becomes a historian, then God help us all.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:55 pm

Dorcha wrote:Possibly. Not confirmed yet, though, according to Premier View.

Confirmed. Could easily turn Tipperary into AI champions. They'll be thrilled with his appointment. Watch out
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:05 pm

tipp-ex wrote:

Confirmed. Could easily turn Tipperary into AI champions. They'll be thrilled with his appointment. Watch out

That maybe simplifies it a bit, but yes I think he is a good appointment for Tipp. He will certainly bring some energy and momentum into their set-up which seemed to be absent this year. Tipp still have a lot of potential and no doubt Sheedy weighed that up carefully before taking on the job..sure to be contenders next year.

So with Sheedy going back to Tipp and maybe Daly to Dublin, and Horan to Mayo, and Jack O'C to Kerry...this could turn into the Winter of the Great Return.

Billy Morgan to come back into the Cork fold should not be ruled out!!
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Billy Morgan to come back into the Cork fold should not be ruled out!!

That is surely a tongue in cheek story SB? Looking at Billy walking wearily across the Sam Maguire Park last Sunday
after Nemo's humiliation I doubt if he'd waste his time trying to rebuild Cork senior footballers. Fair play to the man,
he shook hands with most of the Haven lads and management team in the middle of the field when it must have been easier to go straight to the dressing rooms.
Don't expect Billy to patrol the sideline again. He did his bit and did it well.
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:45 am

tipp-ex wrote:

Agreed. This is a game changer I think.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:03 am

Ranty wrote:Billy Morgan to come back into the Cork fold should not be ruled out!!

That is surely a tongue in cheek story SB? Looking at Billy walking wearily across the Sam Maguire Park last Sunday
after Nemo's humiliation I doubt if he'd waste his time trying to rebuild Cork senior footballers. Fair play to the man,
he shook hands with most of the Haven lads and management team in the middle of the field when it must have been easier to go straight to the dressing rooms.
Don't expect Billy to patrol the sideline again. He did his bit and did it well.

Of course tongue in cheek Ranty, do you think I've completely lost my marbles??

Though we might see Micko Dwyer returning in Kerry given the current gra for reinstating former successful managers :P
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Yerra sure in Kerry they are exhuming some of the liginds that drank 40 pints before All Irelands.
The glory days are only just around the corner now with all them young lads bating everybody. :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”