Cork Hurlers 2017

langerinexile

Re: Cork Hurlers 2017

Postby langerinexile » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:23 am

Podsy wrote:
Voice of P ui C wrote:Kieran should continue and so should his co selectors. They made good progress and unearthed some good talent this year. They should continue the search and blood these players in the league's as there are still a few weak spots in the outgoing panel. Onwards and upwards.

I agree completely. This year has been encouraging, gan dabhait.

I believe his term is up, am I right?

You are right Podsy, I read last week that he is unsure himself, his comments seem to suggest that if he doesn't go for it again that that he will be for personal rather than sporting reasons. I'd love to see him stay on but I will accept it is a huge personal decision that impacts his family and he has every right to consult them.
Ageless

Postby Ageless » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:27 pm

langerinexile wrote:
Podsy wrote:
Voice of P ui C wrote:Kieran should continue and so should his co selectors. They made good progress and unearthed some good talent this year. They should continue the search and blood these players in the league's as there are still a few weak spots in the outgoing panel. Onwards and upwards.

I agree completely. This year has been encouraging, gan dabhait.

I believe his term is up, am I right?

You are right Podsy, I read last week that he is unsure himself, his comments seem to suggest that if he doesn't go for it again that that he will be for personal rather than sporting reasons. I'd love to see him stay on but I will accept it is a huge personal decision that impacts his family and he has every right to consult them.

Also it must be hard for Kingston with Shane involved as well , hopefully he'll stay on another year or two , if he walks away , i think he put the cat among the pigeons
Bluebell

Postby Bluebell » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Have never looked forward to a final more as a neutral. It probably helps that neither KK or Tipp aren't in it as I am a Cork man :)

Can't help think that it's Galway's to lose and they'll only be beaten by themselves (not turning up mentally).

Have no issue with the Waterford style of play but can't help feeling that a Galway win will be better for the game and the year will be remembered in a more positive light for it.

According to the bookies Galway should win by 4 points or more --> https://media.paddypower.com/redirect.a ... 04197.html

and I can't help but agree with that!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:12 am

I dont care who wins but i expect Galway to do so
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:01 am

I have a feeling Waterford are going to win this. Should be a good one!
donal66

Postby donal66 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Deise neighbours Abu
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:52 pm

Just hoping it's a bloodbath, with red and yellow cards like confetti.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Waterford won sweet F All again this year. Never had a better chance with the last 3winners not in the final but I suppose they achieved something today. They managed to finish with 15 players. Cork are the only county to win silverware in Munster. As the saying goes Deise have won this Deise have won that. They should win nothing playing that shite. Gleeson shit the course when it really mattered. As for Young player of the year Conor Whelan is a sure bet.
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:28 pm

I agree. I hope they win nothing playing that puke. I would not say Gleeson shat the course. He was himself. He is always himself. Unbelievable talent but he just goes for it. When it comes off, he looks absolutely brilliant and when it doesn't.. You get today.

They still came close enough. I wonder will they get over the line. When we were brutal bad about 2010/11 and again in 15/16 a friend of mine kept saying, does not matter, we will still win an All Ireland before Waterford. Not that he has been proved right, yet, he is just convinced Waterford will never win.
Matty Hislop

Postby Matty Hislop » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Kingston has stepped down as Cork hurling manager.

I was sure he'd stay another year to try and build on the progress made. The man left Cork hurling in a lot healthier state than when he took over. All the best Kieran.

Now we are on search for a new manager. Let the games begin!

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”