Cork Hurlers 2017

tipp-ex

Re: Cork Hurlers 2017

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:56 pm

An absolute disaster.
I have a funny feeling something wasnt right behind the scenes.
westcorkrebel

Postby westcorkrebel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 pm

all the best to kingston

but very disappointing news
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Era for F.sake...I know it takes an enormous amount of commitment, but I'm just shocked that he would leave now when serious progress is being made.
Dare I say it, have that f.ing CB anything to do with....Dread the thought of Tomas Mul taking over!!!!
richardanthonyc

Postby richardanthonyc » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Donal O'Grady in a shock return?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:20 pm

More bullshit behind the scenes. Will we ever be rid of this never ending childish behaviour by certain people in this county, so many good people doing great jobs and its being undermined constantly.
stfrancis

Postby stfrancis » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Disappointing but best wishes to Kieran who certainly did his duty for cork. Next manager is huge, many in the bunker will assume cork are back and it doesn't matter who is in charge........cork are in a very precarious position, plenty of talent in the county and now it must enter set ups at u21 and senior that are at least on par with any other county
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Must admit I'm surprised at this news. And disappointed.

Was sure he would give it at least another year to build on this year's progress. With Pat Hartnett already departed this management team looks like being totally disbanded just when a bit of continuity was most needed.

I thought KK really matured as a manager this year. Previous year I sometimes felt he was a bit overawed or overwhelmed by the job, in hindsight I guess he was trying to balance the making of hard calls on the 'transition' process and trying to blood new players.

This year I saw a more confident individual who looked and seemed to have more self belief in both himself and the team. Both developed and progressed in line with each other. Would have been nice to see if that trajectory could have been continued next year.

One positive outcome might be that Shane might be unburdened of some pressure going forward without the connections always being mentioned, and the added attention it invariably brought on him.

Whatever his reasons, I wish Kieran K nothing but the best. As someone else said he left us in a better state than he found us and that alone says he did a good job.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 pm

tipp-ex wrote:More bullshit behind the scenes. Will we ever be rid of this never ending childish behaviour by certain people in this county, so many good people doing great jobs and its being undermined constantly.

What's the story on this Tipp-Ex? I ask genuinely as I haven't heard anything.
exile67

Postby exile67 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:40 pm

I'd say Kingston took a rational view of things. This team is a long way from winning an AI. Yes, they could have beaten Waterford but the forwards, with the honourable exception of Patrick Horgan, failed to deliver on the big occasion again. Galway would have put half-a-dozen points into them. You need warriors - for example, Moran and Walsh of Waterford. Cork doesn't have those players and I don't see any of them in sight.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:16 pm

exile67 wrote:I'd say Kingston took a rational view of things. This team is a long way from winning an AI. Yes, they could have beaten Waterford but the forwards, with the honourable exception of Patrick Horgan, failed to deliver on the big occasion again. Galway would have put half-a-dozen points into them. You need warriors - for example, Moran and Walsh of Waterford. Cork doesn't have those players and I don't see any of them in sight.

We fail to deliver on the big occasion? Warriors like Moran and Walsh? They didn't do much went it was put up to them in the final. The players you don't rate won silverware this year and only lost against 'your warriors' when we went down to 14 men

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”