Cork Minors 2017

Nemo Ranger

Cork Minors 2017

Postby Nemo Ranger » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:06 am

I am hopeful we can do something next year.

1 Kevin McMahon (Kilshannig)

2 Eoin Murphy (Mallow) 3 Eoghan O'Riordain (Carrigaline) 4 John Corcoran (Nemo Rangers)

5 Lorcan Finn (Mitchelstown) 6 Jack McCarthy (Carrigaline) 7 James O'Donovan (Nemo Rangers)

8 Colm O'Callaghan (Eire Og) 9 Rory O'Driscoll (Garnish)

10 James Holland (Douglas) 11 Shane Hickey (Millstreet) 12 Killian Murphy (Glanmire)

13 Mark Cronin (Nemo Rangers) 14 Damien Gore (Kilmacabea) 15 Cillian Murray (St.Finbarrs)

16 Ian Giltenan (Carrigaline) 17 Cathal O'Mahony (Mitchelstown) 18 Michael Oakes (Bishopstown) 19 John Hodnett (Carbery Rangers)
20 Eoin O'Driscoll (Ilen Rovers) 21 John Kelleher (Glanmire) 22 Darragh Moynihan (Ballydesmond) 23 William Ronan (Kilmurry)
24 Conor Russell (Douglas) others Sean Desmond (Carrigaline) Brian Murphy (Nemo Rangers) James O'Sullivan (Eire Og)
Shane Moran (Carrigaline) Kevin Coakley (Bantry) David O'Keefe (Douglas) Joe Coughlan (Nemo Rangers)
Ranty

Re: Cork Minors 2017

Postby Ranty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Well done there Nemo.

Is John O Driscoll's son ( Glanmire) over age?
Nemo Ranger

Postby Nemo Ranger » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:01 pm

I think he is
Keyboard_warrior

Postby Keyboard_warrior » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:42 am

Nemo Ranger wrote:I am hopeful we can do something next year.

1 Kevin McMahon (Kilshannig)

2 Eoin Murphy (Mallow) 3 Eoghan O'Riordain (Carrigaline) 4 John Corcoran (Nemo Rangers)

5 Lorcan Finn (Mitchelstown) 6 Jack McCarthy (Carrigaline) 7 James O'Donovan (Nemo Rangers)

8 Colm O'Callaghan (Eire Og) 9 Rory O'Driscoll (Garnish)

10 James Holland (Douglas) 11 Shane Hickey (Millstreet) 12 Killian Murphy (Glanmire)

13 Mark Cronin (Nemo Rangers) 14 Damien Gore (Kilmacabea) 15 Cillian Murray (St.Finbarrs)

16 Ian Giltenan (Carrigaline) 17 Cathal O'Mahony (Mitchelstown) 18 Michael Oakes (Bishopstown) 19 John Hodnett (Carbery Rangers)
20 Eoin O'Driscoll (Ilen Rovers) 21 John Kelleher (Glanmire) 22 Darragh Moynihan (Ballydesmond) 23 William Ronan (Kilmurry)
24 Conor Russell (Douglas) others Sean Desmond (Carrigaline) Brian Murphy (Nemo Rangers) James O'Sullivan (Eire Og)
Shane Moran (Carrigaline) Kevin Coakley (Bantry) David O'Keefe (Douglas) Joe Coughlan (Nemo Rangers)

Right, firstly NR, I’ll give you credit, for making the effort to post on the topic and also for naming quite a lot of the players who probably WILL end up playing or as part of this squad. I remember you posting about last years minor squad and I thought you made some bizarre suggestions, but you have made a far better go of it here to be fair.

That being said, I have to ask where you have come up with a lot of the names and positionings here? Some of those named above are nowhere near good enough. Around 9 of your starting 15 named is reasonable, which shows you know you have plenty knowledge of most of the players, but then there are some things that baffle me.

You have a lot of players completely out of position. Rory O’Driscoll is a defender, Shane Hickey a midfield man, James Holland a corner forward. Then you have Cathal O’Mahony as a sub, who was doing well of the bench this year so surely he will start in 2017? I would say Eoin O’Driscoll, William Ronan, Darragh Moynihan, Kevin Coakley are all likely to be close to starting also. They are ahead of some of the starters you have in my view. John Hodnett is now with Munster rugby by the way, not playing football for a while I believe.
One player you left out who could I believe make the team is Mark Keane from Mitchelstown. A very good player if he keeps his discipline. Speaking of discipline, your club man named corner back on your team – a good player to be fair, but should of been sent off in Minor county final this year so would want to keep control! Also, I think you’ve got names mixed up or something with Brian Murphy? Was it Niall Murphy you meant?

There’s a good team there potentially this year, but could end up playing Kerry in a knockout game in Munster which is going to be a tough one again given they have 5 of the team from this year still available, including Clifford who is a serious player.
Nemo Ranger

Postby Nemo Ranger » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Mark Cronin and Cillian Murray are better corner forwards than Holland. O'Driscoll great engine would be a good midfielder. Corcoran has a temper but is a sticky defender. Dale Dawson (Fermoy) Dylan O'Donovan (O'Donovan Rossa) Blake Murphy (Na Piarsaigh) Jack Ryan (St.Finbarrs) are others.
Keyboard_warrior

Postby Keyboard_warrior » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Nemo Ranger wrote:Mark Cronin and Cillian Murray are better corner forwards than Holland. I agree. O'Driscoll great engine would be a good midfielder. He'll be 6 I reckon. Better midfielders available. Corcoran has a temper but is a sticky defender. Yeah he's a good corner man if he keeps head. Dale Dawson (Fermoy) Good player. Dylan O'Donovan (O'Donovan Rossa) Not up to it IMO. Blake Murphy (Na Piarsaigh) Possibly. Jack Ryan (St.Finbarrs) Never heard of him? are others.

See comments in red above. You've left out a few good players who will be in the shake up. Colm Barrett (Barrs), Liam O'Sullivan (Kilmurry), Mark Brosnan (Carrigaline), Peter O'Driscoll (Ilen Rovers), Evan Murphy (Dromtariffe) are all good players who would be well ahead of some you included.
Nemo Ranger

Postby Nemo Ranger » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Ok so who would be on your team then. How many from my team. Eoghan Minihane from Bantry another one. Barry Murphy fom Castlelyons. Jamie Whelan from Buttevant. Cian O Donoghue from Clonakilty. Conor Crowley from Glanmire. Jack Murphy from Eire Óg. Kieran Twomey from Kilshannig. Matthew Bushe from Ilen Rovers.
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:14 pm

Off-topic but as he was a recent Cork Minor and as Tipp-ex is always asking about him:

http://www.the42.ie/chiedozie-ogbene-co ... 7-Dec2016/
Keyboard_warrior

Postby Keyboard_warrior » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:33 am

I forgot to respond since last time I posted here, one of the reasons being I had spoken to a few people in the know about minor squad. The upshot of these conversations is that the squad has been cut to 34 or so and there are a few surprises. Good and bad.
I don't know if it's good to be naming names here and whatever but some players I rate highly are not there while some of those who made it wouldn't fill me with confidence to be rightly blunt about it. The management are obviously aiming for some specific sort of player or game plan but I'm quite shocked at some of what I'm hearing. 1 big positive is that a dual player who could be a big asset, chose football, which was a surprise to me truth be told.

Nemo - 15 of the 30 or so you named are in the squad I heard. Few of the others we mentioned are there also. 4 of the starting 15 you suggested aren't included if my sources are correct.

The Chriost Ri v Rochestown colleges quarter final should be a good indicator of where a good share of them are at. This is on in 2 weeks at a venue yet to be called, but will be worth a look for anyone interested in the future of Cork football.
DowchaBhoy!

Postby DowchaBhoy! » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:17 pm

[quote="Keyboard_warrior"]. 1 big positive is that a dual player who could be a big asset, chose football, which was a surprise to me truth be told.

quote]
RW?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”