Cork Minors 2017

Lurker

Re: Cork Minors 2017

Postby Lurker » Thu May 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Ranty wrote:On young Mullane from Kilmurry, look again if you can. His man in green & gold started it and never stopped pulling at him and
niggling him.

Fair enough, we all see things differently and it's hard to keep on top of the off the ball stuff when you're watching the play. Every time I'd did glance over it was the Kerryman trying to free himself from Mullane but, even at that, it was nothing especially out of the ordinary. It goes on in every game at all levels.

The bottom line is that there was a game there to be won and we didn't do it. They were the more decisive team when it came down to it and that annoys me far more than Tommy Griffin or the referee. I feel it was a great opportunity missed.
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Thanks to LURKER and RANTY for yer reports lads ...I agree with you RANTY some of the stuff that Kerry do and get away with is unreal ...we are so naive ...Billy Morgan and Niall Cahalane are two Cork football men that to no crap from them ...most of the time we are too nice with them and they piss down on us ...well done to those Cork lads for standing up...sadly its the usual result .
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Fri May 19, 2017 7:58 am

Thanks for the heads up Corkfan. I am a fan of our friend here 'Lurker' but can't agree that this was an opportunity lost.
Kerry and their ref with bully boy Griffin made sure our young lads were intimidated from the start and again at half time.
Like I said already, I wasn't there to see what happened at the end, but like myself, listening to the great unwashed on the
terrace, I'm sure a few lads exploded out of sheer frustration.
Lane's statement to the Examiner made me sick.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Fri May 19, 2017 10:22 am

I'm not saying I believed what I read on the Kerry forum, Ranty. I've been reading that forum, on and off, for over two decades but It's been almost a decade since I posted there. (I used to have a little argy-bargy over "Saint" Paul Galvin.) What has always struck me is that - almost exactly like Kilkenny hurlers (with whom they like to compare themselves and vice versa), they excuse all their fouling and thuggery as being manly and tactical but they don't like it when they get it back; then it's all unsporting and almost criminal.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Ranty wrote:Thanks for the heads up Corkfan. I am a fan of our friend here 'Lurker' but can't agree that this was an opportunity lost.
Kerry and their ref with bully boy Griffin made sure our young lads were intimidated from the start and again at half time.
Like I said already, I wasn't there to see what happened at the end, but like myself, listening to the great unwashed on the
terrace, I'm sure a few lads exploded out of sheer frustration.
Lane's statement to the Examiner made me sick.

What statement was this Rant?
Lurker

Postby Lurker » Sat May 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Ranty wrote:Thanks for the heads up Corkfan. I am a fan of our friend here 'Lurker' but can't agree that this was an opportunity lost.

The respect is mutual. Sure isn't that what we're here for, to trash out our varying opinions. :)

I also frequent the Kerry message board for my sins and Dorcha has definitely nailed that one. The tunnel vision is frightening but there are a couple of cool heads over there too, to be fair.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:39 pm

http://rebelog.ie/news-detail/10024625/

How big a deal is this competition? Whats the rules re who can play? Who's over the teams?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:15 am

http://rebelog.ie/news-detail/10024701/

Anagin, anybody have further details of panels etc?
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:37 am

No panels online Tipp-Ex. Possibly if you send an e-mail to whoever is in charge of rebel og or rebel og coaching you might get a response. They seem well run tbf.
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:56 pm

East Cork beaten by Galway. Panel:

https://twitter.com/CorkWestCelticC

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”