(L) Ilen Rovers v Carbery

Round 2A (Winners of Round 1)

D v G

C v L

E v B

A v I

K v J

H v f

Round 2B (Losers of Round 1 & Preliminary Round 1)

Losers of 27 v K

Losers of 28 v C

E v D

G v H

A v I

L v F

B v J
tipp-ex

Re: Senior Football Club Championship 2017

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Douglas 0-14, Newcestown 0-9
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Seandun flung a team together. They didn't train or meet. Their coach went away for the weekend. One of the other selectors also could not make it. The sub goalie and one other experienced sub just ran the team. Yet they managed to win a CHAMPIONSHIP game with that type of preparation. Why? How is it possible? Perhaps when you play a team so far out of their depth at this level, a team so safe in the knowledge that they won't ever get relegated regardless of how terrible they are, a team that comes from a club who treat the sport as an after thought, you have a chance. Don't we have a great SENIOR championship all the same.
Corkhurlinglove

Postby Corkhurlinglove » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:29 am

Spongebob wrote:Seandun flung a team together. They didn't train or meet. Their coach went away for the weekend. One of the other selectors also could not make it. The sub goalie and one other experienced sub just ran the team. Yet they managed to win a CHAMPIONSHIP game with that type of preparation. Why? How is it possible? Perhaps when you play a team so far out of their depth at this level, a team so safe in the knowledge that they won't ever get relegated regardless of how terrible they are, a team that comes from a club who treat the sport as an after thought, you have a chance. Don't we have a great SENIOR championship all the same.

This is your third post now having a go off Nicks, leave it off as seem bitter, what gives. Have they not won a relegation battle against Piarsaigh 2/3 years ago. They didn't create the system. We have a shit senior championship but you focus on nicks, why. As for treating the sport as an after thought, that is quite unfair on the very good servant nicks have and especially Graham Callinan who constantly lines out with Nicks. You don't mention Sars, Blackrock etc
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:30 pm

I don't know enough about Blackrock to comment on them in detail. Looking in from the outside St Michaels seem to be doing quite well at underage level. Glanmire are not senior or premier intermediate.

I do, however, know an awful lot about Glen Rovers and St Nick's. I promise you though that I will not say anything here that I would not say anything to their faces when I see them (which is often). They are fairly thick skinned down there. You don't have to shed any tears for them
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:33 pm

I was looking at the UCC team over the weekend, i think i counted 11 starters from Kerry
can hit a thing

Postby can hit a thing » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:58 pm

tipp-ex wrote:I was looking at the UCC team over the weekend, i think i counted 11 starters from Kerry

yeah i spotted that today reading the examiner, dont know whether to laugh or cry, our championships are a mess!!!
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Mon May 01, 2017 11:06 am

Three very one-sided matches in the games between the bigger teams. Barrs, Clonakilty and Skibb getting hidings from Ballincollig, Ross and Nemo.

How much do you read into those results? I was at the Barrs match and I think they will recover. They were miss Sherlock and Shields. They over played a bit. Ballincollig are good but not sure is there such a big gap between these two sides. If they meet again in a real knockout match, I would not be surprised if the result was entirely different.

I read that Nemo were slightly flattered by margin of victory. Skibb apparently were only at 70% according to their manager. What does that say about the first round of the championship?

What about Clonakilty and Carbery Rangers? Ross are good. Clonakilty are young. How will they recover I wonder?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon May 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Was there a big improvement in standards after last year's restructuring?
westcorkrebel

Postby westcorkrebel » Sun May 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Carbery 4 - 16 vs 1 - 12 Ilen Rovers

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”