Senior Hurling Club Championship 2017

producer ben

Re: Senior Hurling Club Championship 2017

Postby producer ben » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Evan Sheehan came on at HT and bagged 2-0 within a few minutes of his introduction. Great eye for goal that lad.
hurlerontheditch!

Postby hurlerontheditch! » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Thought Piarsaigh/Rockies was the better game. A real edge to it all through. Rockies deserved winners imo. But not much in it. Evan Sheehan got 2 brilliant brilliant goals as already mentioned. Rockies looked in big trouble yet showed that they have something by responding as they did. They'll take a lot from the manner of the win and won't be a pushover in the final.
Second game was flat all through. Apart from the drama of the last few minutes. All very open with no marking and no physicality. No two games are the same so replay could be a classic. Imokilly to win for me though.
Serious spat going on over on PROC over the referring in both games but piarsaigh/rockies in particular. Didn't think the standard was bad. Larkin in the first game let it flow and allowed a lot of stuff that we're used to seeing being blown up, Adds to the enjoyment factor as far as I'm concerned.
Sinbin

Postby Sinbin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 pm

hurlerontheditch! wrote:Serious spat going on over on PROC over the referring in both games but piarsaigh/rockies in particular. Didn't think the standard was bad. Larkin in the first game let it flow and allowed a lot of stuff that we're used to seeing being blown up, Adds to the enjoyment factor as far as I'm concerned.

Cathal McAllister took a similar approach in the Kanturk-Mallow PIHC Final on Sat. night. Maybe Cork referees are under instruction of late not to be too whistle-happy. Might benefit the intercounty team ala Cody's Kilkenny where urban myth has it the referees don't carry whistles at all!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Imokilly 4-17, Sars 4-10. Paudie Sull and Harnedy 2-3 apiece
DowchaBhoy!

Postby DowchaBhoy! » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 pm

I hope the Rockies bury the cunts!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:25 pm

DowchaBhoy! wrote:I hope the Rockies bury the cunts!

That's one bitter Glanmire resident right there. Or a jealous nearby club
donal66

Postby donal66 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:37 am

A sad man ...... Imokilly hot favourites now
DowchaBhoy!

Postby DowchaBhoy! » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:01 am

tipp-ex wrote:

Na mate. Totally unfair that a representative side with thousands of adult hurlers to pick from gang up against club sides with a pick of ~100 adult hurlers. Im sure historically their was perfect case for such made up entities given the strength of city club sides and rural weakness but those days along gone. The premier intermediate sides would be v competitive v Blackrock never mind the pick of Castlelyons in the north up to Cobh.
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:25 am

Strong 'divisions' are healthy for Cork. By strong divisions I mean the way Kerry use them.

If we copied it and implemented exactly as they do it our club sides would be doing a lot better and the overall standard would be much higher.

Delighted to see Imokily doing well. Hope they win it now and hopefully it will inspire the others (though I doubt the latter will happen).
Turenne

Postby Turenne » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:48 am

DowchaBhoy! wrote:
tipp-ex wrote:

Na mate. Totally unfair that a representative side with thousands of adult hurlers to pick from gang up against club sides with a pick of ~100 adult hurlers.

Poor little Sarsfields, and the size of the fucking place. Aren't you from a city club? Some fucking bellyaching from lads that have a much much bigger pick than 99% of the clubs they come up against. What about splitting the likes of Douglas, Ballincollig, Sarsfields etc into two to encourage greater participation?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”