Senior Hurling Club Championship 2017

youngbob

Re: Senior Hurling Club Championship 2017

Postby youngbob » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Turenne wrote:What's the purpose in Youghal/Ballyhea being played? Can Ballyhea go down?

Ballyhea can't be relegated. Youghal haven't won a match in 2years. I was talking to a former Youghal player last night and he told me they will argue that Muskerry failed to field a team against Eirn's Own earlier in the ch/ship so he says Youghal are more entitled than them to remain senior next year. The plot thickens, I wonder what rabbit with Frank put from his hat to sort this shambles.
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:14 pm

i heard the Youghal members voted on their status last evening and the outcome was to stay in senior level. IMO its madness, the salt air must be deluding their brain cells.I know losing can become a habit but to win no match in 2 years the seasiders must be addicted by now. Surely the CCB will force them to go down. Its a bit like the Kerry hurlers demanding to play in the Munster ch/ship. Saying that it would only make Imokilly stronger next year and that wouldn't go down well with General Franco
CORKFAN

Postby CORKFAN » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:22 pm

youngbob are you sure about that ? I don't think that will work for them they have been relegated lost all there games in two out of 3 years so that means relegation its out of there hands.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:04 pm

WTF? A club wins no game in 2 years but gets to decide if they stay up or not? Seriously, is this Alice in Wonderland?
No it's Cork GAA. What a farce
Who brought this ludicrous relegation thing in anyway? Don't tell me the clubs!!
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:51 pm

tipp-ex wrote:WTF? A club wins no game in 2 years but gets to decide if they stay up or not? Seriously, is this Alice in Wonderland?
No it's Cork GAA. What a farce
Who brought this ludicrous relegation thing in anyway? Don't tell me the clubs!!

a few years ago CCB wanted to make 20 teams in the SHC to form 4 groups of 5. winners of each group into semis. prem intermediate champs promoted till we have 20 teams. it must be getting close to that now with the divisionals and colleges. that idea might change now because of the round robin in Munster. i think youghal haven't won a game in the league either. i've been told they have a good couple of youngsters coming through so thats why they are going to fight this till the CCB force them to back down. i can't undrestand how a team can keep losing and not be told what their true status is, it certain isn't senior level no matter how bad club hurling is in the county
youngbob

Postby youngbob » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Finally CCB made the decision to relegated Youghal from senior. This will make Imokilly stronger next year as they can now pick Bill Cooper and with Spillane to come back in they'll be big favourites for 2018

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”