Senior Hurling Club Championship 2017

hurlerontheditch!

Re: Senior Hurling Club Championship 2017

Postby hurlerontheditch! » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Very happy to see UCC go out. The two Waterford lads opted for a piss up instead of lining out apparently. And only 2 weeks ago Barron gave an interview saying what it meant to him to play in our championship. He obviously hadn't intended drawing with Sars. Makes a feck of UCC being involved imo when you see lads doing something like that. I'd say Midleton feeling fairly aggrieved.

Looking forward to the 2 semi finals on Sun in de Pairc. The longer they remain involved the stronger Imokilly will become. That replay will bring them on a lot. I fancy them to beat Sars.
I think Na P/Rockies is a real 50/50 game with Blackrock to maybe edge it.
Imokilly then to win the final with a bit to spare.
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:17 pm

I think that Na Piarsaigh are clear favorites against Blackrock. The tight game against the Glen clearly stood to them and they were extremely impressive against Bandon. They were clinical. Blackrock are a side on the up but I think that Na Piarsaigh are further along the path. Blackrock could win of course as they have plenty of good young lads. I think it will be a surprise though. I expect Na Piarsaigh by 6 or 7 points.

I feel the winner of the county will come from the other side though. I agree that Imokily are on the up and will be hard to stop.
donal66

Postby donal66 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:55 am

Waterford lads carrying injuries
Bluebell

Postby Bluebell » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 am

Can't wait for these 2 games at the weekend. The bookies make it evens on either team Imokilly v Sars and Blackrock (5/6) v Na Piarsaigh (6/5) --> https://media.paddypower.com/redirect.a ... aa-matches

Think the bookies have got the Sars-Imokilly game correct, I think its a flick of a coin. Imokilly may have a few better individuals with the likes of Seamie, Paudie and Lawton but you can't underestimate this Sars team. They've been there and done that, but must be even more driven as a collective after what happened with Teddy and Cian.

The other game, I think its even harder to call. Piarsiaghs have given two huge performances and you might be saying, a slip up is coming as they are a young team. The Rockies have been flattering to deceive for 2-3 years and havent really knocked on the door yet. Could being under the radar for most of the year give them the edge?

Either way, I have to agree with other posters, the winners SHOULD come from the east cork side of the draw..

One last thing, how is it that Imokilly can put such a run together and the likes of Avondhu and especially Muskerry are pitiful?
DowchaBhoy!

Postby DowchaBhoy! » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Bluebell wrote:Can't wait for these 2 games at the weekend. The bookies make it evens on either team Imokilly v Sars and Blackrock (5/6) v Na Piarsaigh (6/5) --> https://media.paddypower.com/redirect.a ... aa-matches

Think the bookies have got the Sars-Imokilly game correct, I think its a flick of a coin. Imokilly may have a few better individuals with the likes of Seamie, Paudie and Lawton but you can't underestimate this Sars team. They've been there and done that, but must be even more driven as a collective after what happened with Teddy and Cian.

The other game, I think its even harder to call. Piarsiaghs have given two huge performances and you might be saying, a slip up is coming as they are a young team. The Rockies have been flattering to deceive for 2-3 years and havent really knocked on the door yet. Could being under the radar for most of the year give them the edge?

Either way, I have to agree with other posters, the winners SHOULD come from the east cork side of the draw..

One last thing, how is it that Imokilly can put such a run together and the likes of Avondhu and especially Muskerry are pitiful?

I'd expect an easy win for Imokilly v Sars. Can't see why Sars are being touted. They've gone way back.
Huge game for Rockies, given their dominance at underage they should be winning v NaP but they still haven't given a impressive performance this yr.
redinsf

Postby redinsf » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Bluebell wrote:Can't wait for these 2 games at the weekend. The bookies make it evens on either team Imokilly v Sars and Blackrock (5/6) v Na Piarsaigh (6/5) --> https://media.paddypower.com/redirect.a ... aa-matches

Much stronger hurling scene in East Cork than Avondhu or, particularly Muskerry. Castlelyons and Cloyne are both ex-senior clubs, O'Neills, Aghada, Castlemartyr etc to call on too. There may be a more even split in Avondhu, but football would definitely be the stronger code in most of Muskerry, while I'd be surprised if it's the preferred option. In a single club in Imokilly.
Dazzler

Postby Dazzler » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Possibly means nothing, but the vast majority of the players in that Blackrock v Na Piarsiagh game will only be used to one result when they play each other underage over the years. Think Na Piarsiagh have the better players by a good margin though.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Blackrock back in the final - 0-21 to 2-14
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Sars 2-21, Imokilly 1-24
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:38 pm

Couldn't make in today..Both seemed to be cracking games (particularly the second). Was
there a good standard overall..Any potential Cork seniors I wonder ?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”