The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

exile67

Re: The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Postby exile67 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:22 pm

My first visit to the new stadium on Saturday night and was impressed by the building and its surroundings. Would give the pitch a bit of time (is it not a hybrid like Croke Park? if so, why not?).

My one gripe would be the lighting. We were in the North Stand and were half-blind by the end of the evening as the very strong lights on the far side were pointing straight across at us.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:48 pm

RebelRising wrote:Did they actually do anything to the pitch?

Yes; they made it worse.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/pairc-ui-chaoimh-will-be-european-stadium-pitch-standard-448156.html
Last edited by Dorcha on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:50 pm

exile67 wrote:My first visit to the new stadium on Saturday night and was impressed by the building and its surroundings. Would give the pitch a bit of time (is it not a hybrid like Croke Park? if so, why not?).

My one gripe would be the lighting. We were in the North Stand and were half-blind by the end of the evening as the very strong lights on the far side were pointing straight across at us.

Were you in the Upper Tier, perhaps? I was in the Lower Tier and I also found the lights blinding when I looked straight across at them. But when following the game I was looking down towards the pitch and found no problem with them.
RebelRising

Postby RebelRising » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Dorcha wrote:
RebelRising wrote:Did they actually do anything to the pitch?

Yes; they made it worse.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/pairc-ui-chaoimh-will-be-european-stadium-pitch-standard-448156.html

Ah stop!!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:50 pm

Juveniles were charged €5 last Saturday night due to "health and safety"
Now, can anyone on the planet please explain that one to me
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:21 pm

According to the Examiner, it was because a large crowd was expected, and capacity might be exceeded in the stand. If children didn't have tickets, the CCB would have no way of knowing what capacity was needed and it might result in overcrowding! For the Cavan and Waterford double header they will be doing the same thing, but not for the two stand alone matches in Pairc Ui Roinn.
jbm1

Postby jbm1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:33 pm

"According to the Examiner, it was because a large crowd was expected, and capacity might be exceeded in the stand. If children didn't have tickets, the CCB would have no way of knowing what capacity was needed and it might result in overcrowding!"
To be fair, the CB come up with some fantastic answers..Credit where credit is due
However, I don't think neither the Tipperary Footballers or Kilkenny Hurlers weren't overly impressed
by our €86 million stadium. Both teams had to suffer cold showers at the end of their games..Sweet Jesus...Unbelievable stuff.
You couldn't write it
It will cost 2.5 to 3 million to sort the electrics out from what I'm hearing...Is there any accountability at all!!!
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:53 pm

jbm1 wrote:"According to the Examiner, it was because a large crowd was expected, and capacity might be exceeded in the stand. If children didn't have tickets, the CCB would have no way of knowing what capacity was needed and it might result in overcrowding!"
To be fair, the CB come up with some fantastic answers..Credit where credit is due
However, I don't think neither the Tipperary Footballers or Kilkenny Hurlers weren't overly impressed
by our €86 million stadium. Both teams had to suffer cold showers at the end of their games..Sweet Jesus...Unbelievable stuff.
You couldn't write it
It will cost 2.5 to 3 million to sort the electrics out from what I'm hearing...Is there any accountability at all!!!

Bob is the manager - he'll take all criticism and will hold his hand up I'm sure.
Why didn't they give out FREE tickets to them kids?
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:33 pm

I hear the pitch is destroyed with sand. What the fuck is going on? Brand new stadium, best in Europe etc etc
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm

At the match. I could see the patches and see the sand being kicked up when the players slipped. I got home in time to see the second half on television and the pictures of the pitch were shocking. What fool said, it was a surface as good as any in Europe?

Cold water to wash your hands with in the toilet on a freezing cold day. Even Pair Ui Roinn has some hot taps. The bins for the paper towels are half a size too small and were overflowing on to the floor after the match. It was worse than the old Pairc. Pairc Ui Roinn has hot-air hand dryers. This place appears to have none, unless they are in the corporate section.

I could read the scoreboards today, but they are a good deal too small in size and too dim. The PA system could do with some adjusting.

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”