The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

tipp-ex

Re: The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:48 pm

leesider wrote:The pitch looked in really poor condition on TV for yesterday's game. Especially at the double-decker stand side.

Yes must watch it again. When I get my electricity back
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:16 pm

It was patchy and hungry looking for sure.
My biggest crib as a spectator is the "covered stand". Had a seat almost at the back in the lower section and almost got
drenched. Just as well the rain was only a spatter. The only part of that under proper cover is the Premium area where Joe Soap
isn't welcome.
At least the old torture chamber with the claustrophobic seats wouldn't get you wet.
As for signage and general info on the outside..............forget it.
A food station directly across the hall from the men's bog with the long queue backing right up to the bog entrance is hardly
good planning.?
How they got planning for such a stadium in 2017 without any kind of car parking facility in close proximity is a mystery.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:35 pm

leesider wrote:The pitch looked in really poor condition on TV for yesterday's game. Especially at the double-decker stand side.

I thought so, too. Could they not even get that right? Hope the storm has done no damage.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:08 am

tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:51 pm

First time down there today.

Its nice without being WOW nice, reminded me of the old Lansdowne Road, some parts of the stadium arent finished at all. It certainly isnt a stadium to rival any stadium in the world, FAR from it. For 90 million, its MEH

Pitch looked good though and the outside of the main stand looks good too.

Is there any WIfi? I thought it was supposed to be state of the art Wifi, like they invented it? The sound system on the far side of the stadium in the North Stand doesnt work at all, we had no idea who was talking or what was being said for the suits in the Official Opening.
And speaking of suits, the whole inside of the stadium is drab and sterile, the colour is all wrong. Its the same colour as Franks wardrobe.
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:17 pm

The length of time between the matches was unnecessary. The opening ceremony was terrible. I wasn't there in 1976. I saw it on the TG4 a few weeks back. Nothing changed in terms of GAA organisation. Unfortunately, the world has moved on and sight of priests and bishops in their robes sitting on 1970 style school chairs makes me think the GAA has not. Not surprising though. Was in the north stand. Heard nothing. A lot of discontent or ambivalence. Shambolic opening ceremony. Laughable. If Graham Linehan was there??
producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 pm

The highlight for me of the official opening was Ger Lane in his speech thanking Frank for his vision of the new stadium.
"Frank had a vision. Thank you Frank."
topoftheright

Postby topoftheright » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:48 am

Have to say I enjoyed the day,the two games were pretty entertaining and the pitch held up well.The Audio system for the opening ceremony was pretty awful and why could'nt Bob the Builder provide a proper stage for the musicians and dancers who had to perform on the grass.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 pm

1st ticket window on the Blackrock side of main stand " Top Tier Only". Of course we don't know this until we get up close.
Lower deck tickets down at the city end.
Holy mother of the almighty what kind of an imbecile decided that people coming from the Ballintemple side after walking
miles, must now go further west for lower deck ticket.
Why couldn't Mary and Mick issue one type of ticket and Paddy and Nora issue the other ticket at the same window? Yes I know
this would need four slots instead of three but after spending 70 million spondulicks ???....................stop the lights.
Surely Mr Bob could afford a cheese board sign at the eastern end on the ground telling us about the ticketing or would it
be asking for miracles in this day and age to put this highly confidential information up on Cork Gaa website?

The opening ceremony was laugh a minute stuff. Canning talking to himself for minutes before somebody realised that the 'mike;
was faulty and had to start all over with his well rehearsed arselicking spiel when eventually Mr Universe rushed out to him with a
replacement. Frank did SFA for the colour coordination of the platform group with his off white suit and Lane's 'caca tarbh' with
our stadium being up there with the best in the world was pitiful to listen to. I'm not sure if the bishop forgot the holy water but
I didn't see any splash on the heavenly sod of Pairc Ui Caoimh. Did enjoy Liam O Connors box music and them step dancers were
oh so loose. That blondie wan was a fair old stepper, or should we say young stepper. A bit daft to see them strutting their stuff on
grass while the platform behind them was empty. I understand there was zero sound in the north stand. How about that?
They then trot out the well hackneyed excuse that this is a learning experience and they will get things right eventually.
How could they learn to at least test the audio equipment before such an occasion, and sure Frank could have asked Pierce what
colour suit he wearing for the gig. He sure as hell stood out from the group but sure what else is new?

Last but not least, has anybody commented on the colour of the goal posts?. White posts against the bright grey background terrace
is hardly conducive to giving players a clear target or indeed the long suffering patrons.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Brilliant Ranty. The colour in the whole stadium inside is like a wet winters soggy morning in Ballydehob. It's all off, the old CCCP springs to mind.

If they seriously think that the stadium ranks alongside the very best in the world, they had better get their magnificent WiFi working and check the INTERNET

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”