The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

greatbleddyman

Re: The Re-Development of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Postby greatbleddyman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:04 pm

You're in the mood today Podsy - Stupid inanimate carbon rod
Twohands

Postby Twohands » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 pm

Hopefully realsportpolitik kicks in and ireland wins the secret vote that actually decides where the competition goes. It would be a brilliant boost to businesses all over the country if the rugby World Cup came to Ireland.

No secret ballot will erase the fact, however, that we spent €80 million refurbishing (not building from scratch) a stadium that an independent review group has decided was not up to hosting an international match without significant overlay. Don't let people suggest that this was solely to do with the need to line the pitch differently. Funnily enough, car parking and transport to and from stadia matter to pretty much everyone outside the bunker. I'd say the rugby World Cup lads were not too interested in negotiating with the residents for a parking space for the blazers whose cars wouldn't fit in Cork Con.

Bad day for Bob the builder and Frank the visionary. Ger will no doubt tell the Echo that our expectations are too high as the stadium is in transition but next year will be an important one for the stadium because a lot of money has been spent on it and we need to start seeing results.
Ranty

Postby Ranty » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:25 pm

producer ben

Postby producer ben » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Congrats to the project manager
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Fantastic news.
Last edited by tipp-ex on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Fantastic news.
Onto the World Championship now where the "one of the best stadiums in the world" will be put to the test.
Dorcha

Postby Dorcha » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 am

My first time inside in the new Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

The seats were very roomy and cushioned, which was pleasant!

The scoreboards were a disaster. I could not read the score from the centre of the field. The names of the teams appeared as a broken jumble and the scores appeared dark grey on black. Have they simply reused the scoreboards from the old Pairc Ui Chaoimh? For a stadium which cost 86 million euro, this was very poor indeed.

I was seated on row P. Going downwards, the next row in front of me was row N. No row O, apparently. Is it some sort of a superstition or something?

There were two sections in front of me nearer the pitch. Even though the tickets for the Lower South Stand read "unreserved seating" the steward said these were reserved and would not let any patrons sit in them. By half time in the football match only twelve of those seats were occupied. By the time the hurling match was underway only twenty of those about hundred seats were taken. Right in among them, just as the ball was being thrown in was Lord Tony, himself, complete with shining chain. I suppose they didn't want to be rubbing shoulders with the plebs.

The pitch seemed to be very soft and it cut up badly during the football match. The Suits came out at half time, and at the end, to replace the divots with their lily-white hands and press them down with their patent-leather shoes. The football bounced all right on this surface, but the hurling ball didn't. I thought we were told it was one of the best surfaces in Europe?
Last edited by Dorcha on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
tipp-ex

Postby tipp-ex » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:17 am

Comparing the highlights of Croker to the Páirc last night, it's embarrassing. The surfaces are entirely different. I'm no ground expert but looks to me they have fucked up and it's going to be an issue ahead
RebelRising

Postby RebelRising » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Did they actually do anything to the pitch?

Return to “The Blood and Bandage”